Veterans Preferred - Counter Sales Associate
Company: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -42231 Counter Sales
Billerica, MA - Filling
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
Position Title: Counter Sales Associate
- Billerica, MA
- Monday - Friday - 1st shift
- NO NIGHTS, WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS
The Counter Sales position sells medical, industrial and specialty
gases, welding equipment and hard goods and tools to customers.
This position responds to inquiries or concerns from either walk-in
customers or those customers that call in. The Counter Sales
associate provides additional warehouse support as needed.
- Solicits sales from walk-in and telephone call-in customers
assisting customers with identification of product needs and
- Accurately completes and files all required paperwork on a timely
basis. Documents sales, quotes or other information.
- Enters sales & quote data into the computer and researches
information for customers using the computer system.
- Receives payment for merchandise or services sold and enters sale
into the computer. Responsible for payments received and adhering
to all administrative and accounting related procedures.
- Provides warehouse support for shipping & receiving, inventory
stocking, cleaning, labeling, or other tasks. Restocks store
merchandise as needed. Arranges stock on shelves or racks in sales
area and keeps merchandise in order. Marks or tickets
- Follows all safety procedures. Uses established safety procedures
for cylinder handling during exchanges and storage of
- Maintains showroom cleanliness by procedures set forth by
- Maintains current price documentation and product literature as
it becomes available. Keeps product knowledge current.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and
responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended
to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to
meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Are you a MATCH?
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Associate's or Bachelor's
degree in Business, Welding Technology, or Sales preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service, retail or inside sales,
or inventory experience in a relatable industry.
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry
- Proficient with Google Applications and/or MS Office; SAP
experience strongly preferred.
- Prior welding experience preferred such as knowledge in MIG, TIG,
and STICK WELDING.
- Excellent customer service skills. Detail-oriented. Ability to
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the
purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules,
regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Keywords: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC, Billerica , Veterans Preferred - Counter Sales Associate, Sales , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!