Veterans Preferred - Plant Operator (Filler)
Company: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -R10003144 Plant
Operator (Filler) (Open)
Billerica, MA - Filling
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
Position Title: Plant Operator (Filler)
- Billerica, MA
- No travel required
- 1st shift
The Cylinder Filler will be responsible for safely handling and
filling gas products into liquid, medical and high pressure gas
cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and
meeting the standard operating procedures of Airgas.
- Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard
procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor
standards. Conducts a variety of Safety checks per procedures, such
as odor tests, checking caps and valves. Analyzes products for
purity and correct mixtures.
- Handles high-pressure, medical and liquid cylinders. Prepares
high pressure cylinders and cryogenic vessels for filling. Attaches
to manifold, evacuates cylinders to eliminate all possible
contaminants. Fills cylinders by pressure and weight, per
regulations and standards.
- Assists with the loading & unloading of cylinders on & off
pallets and tractor trailers. Operates a forklift, pallet jack and
other warehouse equipment.
- Manages paperwork to DOT, FDA, OSHA, and Airgas standards.
Completes quality control sheets as required.
- Complies with all government and company standards relating to
the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Are you a MATCH?
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year of prior experience in a manufacturing
operation, filling or loading experience preferred.
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry or
chemical industry preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different
personalities and backgrounds.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Able to talk, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop,
kneel, crawl or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to focus objects.
- Regularly required to stand, bend, stoop, crouch, reach, grasp,
feel and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel
or use a calculator or computer; and reach with hands and arms
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move up to 800
pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Work space is one that contains moving mechanical parts and risk
of electric shock.
- Requires both indoor & outdoor environments in various seasonal
weather conditions. Must be able to work in temperatures ranging
from -10 to over 100 degrees.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Keywords: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC, Billerica , Veterans Preferred - Plant Operator (Filler), Professions , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!