Senior Stock Worker and Receiver - Food Manufacturing Site
Posted on: August 7, 2022
System ID: 837771
Category: Food Service
Employment Status: Full-Time
Unit Name: CRAFTED KITCHEN BOSTON
Unit Contact: Kate Zummo 351-322-4246
Target Hourly Rate: $18-24 UNIT DESCRIPTION Receiver/ Dishwashing
Utility Worker Kitchen
Looking for a reliable, hardworking, quick individual to handle
utility and dishwashing in a fast-paced food production facility.
Main responsibilities will be receiving and packing orders,
unloading food and product deliveries, with support on utility and
dish-room responsibilities. Job Details:
- Experience required: Must have knowledge of food safety and
- Receiving orders
- Assisting with inventory
- Cleaning - kitchen, walk ins, equipment
- Utilize industrial dish machine and associated chemicals.
- Hours are 7:30am to 4:00pm or 8:00a-4:30 pm, Sunday through
- Hourly Rate Posted $18-24/hr based on experience, job duties,
etc REACH OUT WITH QUESTIONS OR INQUIRIES AT 351-322-4246 (CALL OR
TEXT)$250 Bonus after 60 Days (*Attendance record per policy
applies) #CB #HS #IN #PM Position Summary The Stock Worker and
Receiver -Senior is responsible for receiving merchandise,
unloading or unpacking it, marking it with codes to be identified,
stocking shelves, and helping customers place orders. They work in
stores, warehouses, stockrooms, and other storage facilities. This
individual provides oversight at the direction of management on
site to coordinate activities of employees engaged in operations or
services at either larger complex facilities or locations in the
areas of commercial business, leisure, health care, schools,
universities or other establishments. He/She will provide support
to management in the daily oversight of key functions and employees
during the normal course of business. The general responsibilities
of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify
other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may
differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
requirements. General Responsibilities:
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments
and prepares items for shipment.
- Receives, lifts, moves, stores, issues, counts, sorts, weighs
and verifies items on requisitions or invoices.
- Receives and processes a wider variety of incoming freight,
including stationery supplies, chemicals, electronic equipment, and
other materials on a daily basis across perimeter buildings and
according to priority.
- Compares incoming and outgoing shipments to bills of lading,
invoices, orders, or other records to verify information.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping
procedures, routes, and rates.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items,
records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages
- Fills orders, issues supplies from stock and rotates stock to
- Resolves delivery problems using a computerized account
- Maintains confidentiality of all items received and
- Assembles and delivers equipment such as glassware carts.
- Utilizes in-house inventory tracking system.
- Prepares assets for distribution, including transportation and
- Returns damaged items or other items to vendors that do not
meet Sodexo specifications.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of storage areas by
sweeping and mopping.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Applies all applicable HACCP/OSHA and related local safety
requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides
suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the coordination of routine day-to-day
activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific
work or functional activities as directed by on-site
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to coordination of
routine daily duties.
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as
quality, service and problem resolution.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity accordance with Sodexo time and attendance
policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years lead or supervisor experience or equivalent business
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to
others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all
coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers
and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements
related to all assigned work. License/Qualifications
- May require a valid driver's license.
- May require fork lift operation. Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds. Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in
outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment
required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Benefits Eligibility Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe
every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part
of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help
you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and
vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits,
which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo.
We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and
savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and
other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be
available to all employees).
Keywords: Sodexo, Billerica , Senior Stock Worker and Receiver - Food Manufacturing Site, Professions , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!