Quality Assurance Technician
Company: DGI Communications
Posted on: August 6, 2022
SUMMARY:The Quality Assurance Technician will assist in the
configuration, testing, and documentation of AV systems prior to
customer delivery to ensure smooth and efficient final
installation, with special attention paid to the identification and
remediation of any functional challenges before equipment leaves
the building. -A successful QA Tech will adhere to internal
commissioning procedures and documentation requirements which are
essential for successful project completion and future customer
support. Successful project completion requires regular
communication with other members of the Project Team to maintain
- Coordinate with Rack Fab and Programming to schedule staging
dates compatible with Project Schedule.
- Assemble and configure an integrated system on the test
- Develop and implement test plans as required to confirm the
intended system function.
- Collect and enter data into coordination documents.
- Communicate status with Project Team and elevate issues with
scheduling and materials to Project Manager.
- Work with the Programming team to set up remote access.
- Verify and document the staging process according to DGI
standards for each project and elevate staging issues to the
- Engage manufacturer technical support when needed.
- Delegate staging tasks to the Rack Fabrication team where
- Package and label equipment to be returned to the warehouse
with relevant project and
- configuration information.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment in the Rack
Fabrication and Quality Assurance area.
- Coordinate delivery and return of equipment to the
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Provide remote support to the Field Installation team as
- Understands and can demonstrate industry wiring and fabrication
conventions and standards.
- Able to understand IP networking and hardware configuration
- Use of manufacturer-specific configuration software (Crestron,
Extron, Biamp, etc.) -REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS & COURSES:
- -AVIXA Essentials of AV Technology
- AVIXA CTS
- Crestron Technician Track
- Extron AV Associate
- Biamp TesiraFORTE
- QSC Q-Sys
- Shure Integrated Systems Certification
- Audinate Dante Certification
- Syn-Aud-Con Course 50
- Relevant career and educational experience will also be
considered. -PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands and
- Some light lifting of objects is required. Reaching, grasping,
and carrying activities are also required.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside
activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Occasional travel in and out of state for projects and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable
- Superior customer service skills to deal with customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing
skills that allow the successful completion of a project by a
specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret AV
- HS Degree required; College degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience in commercial AV (Audio Visual)
integration or relevant educational
- Above average proficiency in MS Office, specifically MS Excel.
-This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You
may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other
instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based on
your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time.
The job description is not an employment contract, and either you
or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any
reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written
Keywords: DGI Communications, Billerica , Quality Assurance Technician, Professions , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!