Installation Technician - Level 3
Company: DGI Communications
Posted on: June 18, 2022
A Level 3 Installation Technician works as a team member to
ensure that the installation is completed according to project
specifications and that the customer receives the best possible
service. This position interfaces with Operations, Engineering, and
Customers to ensure that all goals and objectives are met. Install
Technician Level 3 position is responsible for performing the
configuring, installing, testing, and troubleshooting of various
audio-visual systems & leading Level 1 & 2 Technicians. -This role
is responsible for ensuring systems are ready for Field
- All skills of Installation Technicians Level 1 & 2
- Understand and manage tasks for the team based on their
- Perform a full Jobsite review and raise any challenges to the
- Able to creatively overcome challenges
- Ability to oversee and manage a large team of techs by
recognizing their strengths and how to use them onsite
- Attend weekly onsite construction meetings and express job site
- Ability to submit daily reports to the DGI PM via Teams.
- Understand and Hanging of rigging (flown speakers) and PE
- Able to take delivery of and use lifts.
- Able to take delivery of and construct scaffolding and its
required harness and safety reqs.
- Ability to fill out onsite safety docs with the PM. I.E JHA's,
- Perform a preliminary test of audio, video, and control paths.
Create a testing report for the Field Engineer
- Install video wall backbone
- Fiber optic handling & terminationRequired certifications &
courses (to be considered for Level 3):
- AVIXA CTS-I
- Crestron DMC-E
- Biamp Tesira
- QSC - Designer Level 2
- Syn-Aud-Con Course 210
- Syn-Aud-Con Course 120
- Legrand - 4K Video: What You Can See, What You Can't, and What
You Need to KnowTravel:Daily travel to job sites. -Occasional
travel out of state for projects and trainingAdditional Skills and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable
- Superior customer service skills to deal with customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing
skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a
specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret AV
drawings.Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands and
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside
activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.All
requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals
with disabilities. -This job description does not list all the
duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to
perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in
part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job
description.Management has the right to revise this description at
any time. The job description is not an employment contract, and
either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time,
for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written
Keywords: DGI Communications, Billerica , Installation Technician - Level 3, Professions , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!