Sr QA Analyst - S
Company: H&R Block
Posted on: June 17, 2022
What you'll do...
Black Box / Gray Box Tester. Thoroughly understands the complete
end-to-end functioning of a product from the customer perspective.
Recognized product and domain matter expert who serves as a key
resource to Software Engineering, Product Management, and
Operations to understand the current functioning and proposed
changes to product lines.
Responsible for helping define Business Requirements and Functional
Requirements Documents Responsible for ensuring that
software/hardware performs as documented and that it cannot be
broken once it gets into the hands of the customer
Involved from the beginning of the design cycle to create the use
cases that will drive product development. Frequently servers as
the leader for feature team. Responsible for scheduling assigned
tasks, and updating manager on progress. Completed tasks are of
high quality. Tasks are completed within a reasonable, agreed upon
time frame. Responsible for ensuring all deliverables are high
Quality is defined as playing a leadership role in delivering high
quality end-to-end customer experiences with a high degree of
compliance with business/technical requirements. Influences an
entire business or product line. Decisions have a profound impact
on software equality.
- Write testing strategies, test plans and test cases in
compliance with relevant organizational and industry
- Creates clearly documented defect reports that enable problems
to be recreated and well thought out workarounds for customer
- Articulates Process Improvement suggestions and implementation
approaches and plans. Information, Analysis and Recommendations to
support team efforts.
- Prepare and deliver presentations for communicating any of the
- Can construct complete/thorough manual test cases based on test
design and thorough knowledge of the product and its environment.
Consistently ensures high quality, thorough manual test cases that
fully exercise product functionality, but consume minimal
- Effectively uses test automation to increase the thoroughness
- Executes end-to-end functional tests and utilizes existing
automated tests to exercise system
- Can act as "customer advocate" when investigating defects found
in production. Champions' customer requirements throughout the
development process. Provides thorough review of product
documentation to ensure it meets customer needs. Should be able to
train others on the product and in testing. Can design tests to
represent the customer experience, including but not limited to the
subtler uses of the product as represented by ongoing customer
feedback and interaction.
- Works with UX to construct usability tests. May be required to
write, review, and/or approve requirements, user design documents,
and other related documentation.
- Provides significant influence on Marketing requirements
documents, reviews and gives feedback based on broad and deep
product knowledge and understanding of customer issues. Must
understand the business needs the product is trying to meet.
- Participates in Inspection/review processes for non code
project deliverables relating to assigned components, especially at
the requirements document level.
- Create work plans for individual and project efforts. Creates
clearly documented personal and project goals, plans, designs and
results and communicate to both technical and non-technical
audiences. Compares, contrasts, and prioritizes alternative
approaches to meeting those objectives.
- Recognized expert for the product or product areafor other
members of the organization.Team / Leadership Skills
- Develops strong cooperative relationships with development and
product management teams as well as technical support.Frequently
provides leadership in teams tasked with driving product or process
improvement. Act as liaison with Technical Support representatives
to gather customer feedback and ensure/add to closing the loop with
the customer on resolution of problems.
- Mentors team members and provide peer review of proposed UI
- Resolves product functionality disagreements among team
members. Intercede with UX and Marketing/PM as needed. Arbitrates
disagreements and makes decisions while maintaining effective
- Drives the adoption of product and process improvements
throughout the SDLC.
- Coordinates cross-functional testing activities; keeps team
up-to-date on projects.
- Collaborates to achieve end-to-end product and process
- Suggests product and process improvements. Instrumental in the
implementation of process improvements throughout the PD
- Works closely with Product marketing/product management to
ensure the product complies with the requirements.
- Contributes to end-to-end product testing strategy, focusing on
the customer experience.
- Capable of leading teams of QA Analysts in support of SDLC
- Must have strong working Tax knowledge
- Software/hardware testing fundamentals including the concepts
of both positive and negative testing. Hands on experience with
- Experience with software testing best practices from the
industry and other organizations within the company.
- Must be strong black / gray box tester; should know
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
with an emphasis on those areas for which Quality Assurance is
- Experience designing and interpreting process maps, root cause
analysis, and other process improvement activities.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of the product functions and
the marketplace in which it is sold. Applies that knowledge when
developing test cases and throughout testing phase. Thoroughly
understands all aspects of the product end-to-end from both
customer and internal viewpoints.
- Must be able to perform risk analysis relating to defect fixes,
SUs, and other related program changes at the project and program
- Ability to choose the best testing strategies for the current
- Effectively Influence others to insure appropriate levels of
quality on owned deliverables(s).
- Understands the relationships between ""owned"" components and
those with which they interface.
- Capable of assisting with cross-component dependency
- Strong analytical and written communication skills.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.Work
- 5 years Minimum related work experience
About H&R Block...
H&R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been
true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded
our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have approximately
12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who
join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something
bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a
strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined,
forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our
leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much more.
H&R Block is committed to diversity and inclusion and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified
applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status,
sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation,
citizenship, or any other legally protected class. All qualified
applicants are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
Keywords: H&R Block, Billerica , Sr QA Analyst - S, Professions , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!