Senior Business Analyst
Company: Parexel International
Posted on: February 13, 2021
Contribute to meaningful advances that benefit patients in need
Joined the Scientific Data Organization as Scientific Data
Technology Director, creating agile access to real world data,
bringing best in class technology solutions to Parexel services,
and harnessing data to transform therapy development for patients.
Martin Scientific Data Technology Director Keyword Location Jobs at
Parexel Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry
using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's
no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global
pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and
hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the
development of some of the most important treatments of our time,
including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the
market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions
of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll
work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing
projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and
touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical
applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data
safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your
skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial
and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design
experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel
invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise
Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business
Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment,
business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are
critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an
invaluable part of our success story. The Senior Business Analyst
works under the guidance of Portfolio Management. The Senior
Business Analyst works with Product Management, Portfolio group,
the Business Owners and Scrum team(s) to create and define user
stories and supporting artefacts for product features and
enhancements. The Senior Business Analyst assists with identifying
and documenting Features and which will improve business
efficiency, productivity and drive revenue. The Senior Business
Analyst will also assist the Product Management function in
prioritizing business epics and agile release train epics in
prioritizing and grooming features and associated user stories for
inclusion in a particular release and a particular sprint.
Requirements definition & management
- Plans and drives scoping, requirements definition and
prioritisation activities for large, complex initiatives.
- Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate requirements definition
and management methods, tools and techniques selecting
appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive
- Obtains input from, and formal agreement to, requirements from
a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Negotiates with stakeholders to manage competing priorities and
- Establishes requirements baselines.
- Ensures changes to requirements are investigated and
- Contributes to the development of organisational methods and
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and
opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through
improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the
underlying issues arising from investigations into business
requirements and problems and identifies options for
- Works iteratively with stakeholders, to identify potential
benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining
acceptance tests.User experience evaluation
- Plans and performs all types of user experience evaluation to
check and confirm that usability and accessibility requirements
have been met.
- Selects appropriate use of formative or summative
- Facilitates both moderated and unmoderated usability
- Evaluates prototypes or designs of systems, products or
services against the agreed usability and accessibility
specifications. Interprets and presents results of evaluations and
- Checks systems, products, or services which are in-use for
changes in usability and accessibility needs and to ensure that
these needs continue to be met.
- Assesses the stability of requirements against changes in
context of use.Relationship management
- Identifies the communications and relationship needs of
- Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies
into specific activities and deliverables.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between
stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing,
maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and
- Provides informed feedback to assess and promote
- Facilitates business decision-making processes.
- Captures and disseminates technical and business
informationBusiness process improvement
- Analyses and designs business processes; identifies alternative
solutions to exploit new technologies and automation.
- Develops graphical representations of business processes to
facilitate understanding and decision making.
- Assesses the feasibility of business process changes and
recommends new approaches.
- Manages the execution of business process improvements.
- Selects, tailors and implements business process improvement
methods and tools at programme, project and team level in line with
- Contributes to the definition of organisational policies,
standards, and guidelines for business process improvementSkills:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and
prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Shows Initiative and self-confidence, is adaptable and is able
to cope with changing and evolving priorities.
- Must have the ability to work methodically in a fast-paced,
time-sensitive environmentKnowledge and Experience:
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum), UML,
Object Orientated, Data
- Modeling, Process Modeling and/or other development
- Awareness of structured approach to test planning and test
- Minimum 5-8 years in the same or very similar roleEducation:
- Bachelor's Degree (Masters preferred) in a technical discipline
(Math, Science, Engineering, Computing, etc.) or a related study,
or equivalent project-related experience.
- English: FluentParexel is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to legally protected status, which in the US
includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Get the latest Parexel career opportunities as soon as they become
Keywords: Parexel International, Billerica , Senior Business Analyst, Professions , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!