Posted on: May 25, 2023
The person in this position is accountable for a safe working environment and daily operational responsibilities. Selected managers will be responsible for all areas related to running train operations.
- Coordinate Class 1, short-line and commuter train connections for movement of trains
- Supervise numerous work stations 24/7; assist and supervise all duties
- Perform operational testing and document in computerized database
- Complete reports for Operations Department and specified railroad managers
- Remain on call for emergencies and operational needs
- Communicate with railroad management teams
- Aid in managing computerized dispatching system
- Aid in incident investigation
- Aid in evaluating each qualified dispatcher
- Participate in management training
- Manage other projects and perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified on NORAC
- Strong attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to make decisions and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to successfully pass operating rules examination and test on Train Dispatcher's Rules and Instruction Manual
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Internet)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor's degree or at least four years of related experience
- Valid driver's license
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: G&W, Billerica , Supervisor Operations, Other , Billerica, Massachusetts
here to apply!