Vegetable Prep Cook - Culinary Kitchen Assistant - Prep
Company: Sodexo Frontline
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Location: US-MA-BILLERICASystem ID: 930382Category: Food
ServiceEmployment Status: Full-TimeUnit Name: THE PASS - CURATED
KITCHEN BOSUnit Contact: KATE COLEMAN ZUMMO 351-322-4246Target
Hourly Rate: $20-$21/hrUNIT DESCRIPTIONThis is a food manufacturing
facility and this is a cold chill prep room environment -
approximately 37 deg F for the full day. Some of the job duties of
the individual we are looking for include the below: They need to
have food safety and kitchen background along with knife
- Transporting cases of produce from the walk in to the produce
wash room (able to life up to 50lbs regularly)
- Cutting lettuce, celery to prep to wash (labeling and dating
- Decanting produce from cases/baskets into Lexan's
- Operating the produce wash machines (training provided)
- Operating the salad spinners
- Breaking down empty cardboard boxes to place into gondolas
- Cleaning and sanitize equipment and stations
- Completing food safety logs as necessary
- Operating scales as necessary This is a fairly structured and
repetitive position. The individual needs to be comfortable working
in a cold chill prep room environment and needs to be able to
perform tasks accurately and quickly with the type of production we
complete. BONUS INCENTIVE: $250 after 60 working days* (*attendance
policy applies) Ask about our $500 Referral incentive.
#CB#HS#IN#PMPosition SummaryThe Lead - Food may work in any type of
food location on client premises. This individual, under the
leadership of on-site management and/or supervisors, will
coordinate the activities of workers and/or service employees
engaged in food operations or services at smaller, less complex
facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care,
schools, universities or other establishments. The general
responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but
Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These
responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business
necessities and client requirements. General Responsibilities:
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the
facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides
suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the supervision of day-to-day activities of
subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or
functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to supervision
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as
quality, service and problem resolution.
- Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Maintains key control of operations and responsible for
activities to ensure opening, closing and daily procedures are
- Serves as working lead coordinating activities of workers or
service employees engaged in food operations or services at smaller
less complex facilities of commercial, health care facility,
school, campus or other establishments.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 1 or more years of related work experience.Skills/Aptitude:
- Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of
staff and resources.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Ability to use a computer.Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
employer.Benefits EligibilityFull Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we
believe every employee should have the resources to be their best.
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed
to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental
and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their
benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with
Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial
and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program
and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be
available to all employees). PI207174713
Keywords: Sodexo Frontline, Billerica , Vegetable Prep Cook - Culinary Kitchen Assistant - Prep, Other , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...