Applications Scientist, Proteomics- Northeast
Company: Bruker Corporation
Posted on: January 26, 2023
As one of the world's leading analytical instrumentation companies,
Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields
of research and development. All our systems and instruments are
designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market
and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life.
We have been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for
50 years now. Today, nearly 7,000 employees are working on this
permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
Bruker Daltonics has an opening for an Application Scientist based
in Billerica, Ma supporting the in house demo lab.
The successful candidate will provide applications support for
proteomics and biopharma LC-MS customers to ensure highest level of
customer satisfaction. This includes support for the complete
integration of the LC and MS systems, and training to ensure that
the customer can successfully utilize the system for the desired
* Analyze customer samples to showcase instrument performance and
creating high quality reports, and presentations for customers in
support of the sales process.
* Maintain up to date knowledge of products and software tools.
Communicate regularly with the factory and regional applications
team to obtain timely information on new products, software and
* Liaise with the Service Team for customer support issues,
ensuring the completion of customer application-related inquiries
and escalations as needed.
* Support the commercial Sales Team with advanced technical
information and presentations on-site or via Webex to support sales
* Assist in the preparation of new LC-MS training materials and
* Utilize phone & WebEx to provide remote technical assistance for
questions relating to the LC-MS connectivity and to provide support
regarding specific methods and workflows.
Education and/or Experience:
* A minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's
degree; or 6 years experience and a Master's degree; or 3 years
experience and a PhD
* Experience working in an academic or industrial lab running
* Degree in chemistry/biochemistry or life/analytical science
* Experience with all Bruker software products highly desirable
* Experience with MS Office
Other Skills and Abilities:
* Excellent communications and presentation skills
* Ability to interact with customers and in-house staff, with
varying levels of knowledge and technical expertise
* Ability to prioritize in a rapidly changing commercial
* Self-motivation, and a willingness to work with others toward a
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits
package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays,
and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is a federal contractor and subject to Executive Order
14042. Under Executive Order 14042, all employees must be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 (with limited exceptions for those
employees who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical
condition or a sincerely held religious belief). You will need to
provide proof of vaccination by submitting a copy of your CDC
COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card to Bruker, or obtain a religious
or medical exemption, as a condition of employment.
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control
laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions
will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in
light of export control restrictions.
Keywords: Bruker Corporation, Billerica , Applications Scientist, Proteomics- Northeast, Other , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!