EPR Application Scientist - Bruker BioSpin EPR Team
Posted on: November 17, 2022
EPR Application Scientist - Bruker BioSpin EPR Team
# of Openings
Full Time/Part Time
As one of the world's leading analytical instrumentation companies,
Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields
of research and development. All our systems and instruments are
designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market
and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life.
We've been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50
years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working
on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all
New opportunity based in Billerica, MA for an Application Scientist
to join the Bruker BioSpin EPR Applications Team and perform a wide
range of responsibilities involving the EPR spectrometer, including
instrument demonstrations, sales support, in house and on site
customer training, In house and onsite customer support, and
development of new methods.
- Perform and assist in the production
of manuals, marketing materials and other EPR documentation.
- Participate in and assist with scientific trade shows,
conferences and user meetings.
- Visit active EPR sales opportunities with Sales team for
technical presentations and discussions.
- Assist Sales team in closing EPR orders.
- Maintain the instruments in the demo laboratory in peak
- Product presentation at conferences and trade shows.
- Perform or assist in instrument demonstrations Performs or
assists in training sessions, both in house and in customers'
laboratories which may include class room teaching and hands-on
- Perform customer support which includes phone coverage, travel
to customer laboratories to deliver on-site support and assistance
through the applications hotline.
- Perform other duties as required.
The core competency of an Applications Scientist is EPR
spectroscopy. S/he needs to be familiar with various aspects of
this technique. In this function the Applications Scientist will
focus on one or more of the specialties in EPR spectroscopy, but
stay informed on developments in other areas of the field.
- Ph.D. in the following areas is a prerequisite for this
position: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics, Molecular Biology.
- Minimum 3 years Application Scientist experience focusing on
EPR within a life sciences work environment with hands on
instrumentation, advanced troubleshooting, scientific thinking, and
- Proven ability to operate, troubleshoot, and maintain the EPR
spectrometer in good condition, perform installations and repair,
change EPR samples, probes, and components, or remove entire
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Algebra, Geometry, Calculus,
and signal processing.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of CW EPR and its
- Knowledge and experience in the field of Time Resolved EPR /
FT-EPR / ESEEM / HYSCORE / DEER-PELDOR and other pulse EPR
- Willingness to be mentored by experienced scientists with
demonstrated ability to learn and contribute to the development of
- Willingness to learn about and master unfamiliar and new
applications and fields of research.
- Excellent oral and written English communication, composition,
and presentation with proven ability to read and write at an
advanced scientific level, prepare marketing materials and deliver
presentation on applications and instrumentations
- Knowledge of foreign languages such as German or French
- Proficiency in both Microsoft Windows and Linux operating
systems with advanced ability to create documents in MS Word,
presentations in MS PowerPoint. Expertise in programs written by
Bruker BioSpin Corporation, such as Xepr, Xenon, WinAcquisit and
- Demonstrated ability to achieve and deliver within a
collaborative commercial work environment and build positive,
productive work relationships with people at all levels.
- Highly self- motivated individual with a strong work ethic,
experience with high performance teams in a global, multi-cultural
organization, and demonstrated excitement for new challenges and
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and
positive business relationships.
- Demonstrated flexibility with ability to prioritize and manage
differing time constraints.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete position training
- Valid Driver License in good standing, issued by resident state
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status
- Maintain a valid passport with flexibility for domestic and
international travel. Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and
competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k),
paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is a federal contractor and subject to Executive Order
14042. Under Executive Order 14042, all employees must be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 (with limited exceptions for those
employees who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical
condition or a sincerely held religious belief). You will need to
provide proof of vaccination by submitting a copy of your CDC
COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card to Bruker, or obtain a religious
or medical exemption, as a condition of employment. Bruker is an
equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control
laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions
will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in
light of export control restrictions.
Keywords: Bruker, Billerica , EPR Application Scientist - Bruker BioSpin EPR Team, Other , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!