Sr. Research Associate- Performance Additives
Company: Cabot Corporation
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Your Role at Cabot:Cabot is looking for a Sr. Research Associate
to join the Performance Additives team in Billerica, MA. This
person will work under moderate supervision to perform
laboratory/pilot plant tasks in support of product and/or
applications research targeting development of new materials. The
successful candidate will become an important member of Cabot's
Performance Additives R&D team focused on developing new
materials/new additives for applications in the fields of Coatings
and Displays. We are willing to provide training and/or technical
guidance to less experienced employees.How You Will Make an
- Works closely with scientists and engineers to develop new
products, formulations, and conducts standard/non-standard
laboratory procedures and tests.
- Follows experimental plan as set by project leader.
- Executes various chemical and physical laboratory experiments
involving synthesis, processing, characterization, and performance
testing of new materials with attention to observations and
learning. Clearly documents work in electronic notebook.
- Generates, organizes and provides data analysis with basic
interpretation of results.
- Responsible for organizing and communicating data in a way that
is clear and understandable. Presents collected experimental data
at the Project Team meetings.
- Assists in the training of others in areas of testing,
compliance, equipment, and safety requirements.
- Adheres to all intellectual property standards throughout area
- Manages chemical laboratory and coatings application
development laboratory. Maintains work area in compliance with
safety rules and regulations. Participates in scheduled safety
meetings and completes safety training requirements. Creates and
updates safety documentation for their work area. Participates in
safety-focused activities such as seeking out opportunities to
advance our safety culture.
- Strictly follows and complies with all SH&E procedures,
standards and regulations and constantly strives for Excellence in
the fields of sustainability and Safety, Health and preservation of
- Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care
- Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001 -
technical specification, as applicable to the site/region.What You
Will Bring to Cabot:
- Good knowledge of basic principles of chemistry (e.g., polymer,
colloidal, etc.). Strong understanding of chemical laboratory
terminology, equipment, procedures and safety practices.
- Basic knowledge of statistics as used in data generation,
interpretation, and presentations. Basic understanding of Cabot
processes, products and their functionality in customer
- Strong analytical, observation and problem-solving skills.
Ability to draw conclusions from experimental work. Ability to
classify and organize data in a logical and orderly way as well as
plan work to ensure timely completion of assignments.
- Secondary degree with a minimum of 4 years of related
- Associates degree in technical discipline with a minimum of 2
years of related experience, OR
- Post-secondary degree (Bachelor's/University) in a technical
discipline (preferably in the fields of Chemistry, Materials
Science or Chemical Engineering); 1+ year of related
Keywords: Cabot Corporation, Billerica , Sr. Research Associate- Performance Additives, Other , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!