QA III, Chemistry
Company: Randstad USA
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Contract to Permanent onsite in Billerica, MA
Quality Analyst III, QC Chemistry
Perform routine and advanced testing on incoming materials,
reference standards, solutions, finished product release and
stability in QC Laboratory.
Area Specific Requirements
- Perform a wide variety of analytical methods ranging from basic
to complex using HPLC, GC, AA, NMR, FTIR, UV, TOC, polagraphic
analyzer, DSC, KF, autotitrators, accusizers, stereomicroscopy,
oxygen headspace instrumentation and compendial wet chemistry
- Cross-train on additional techniques for other QC departments:
Radiometrics and Physical Testing.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Perform routine QC testing in accordance with SOPs and cGMP
guidelines. Limited supervision required.
- Perform verification of data to ensure accuracy. Perform approval
upon discretion of supervisor.
- Assist with audit readiness of laboratory area and calibration
and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Utilize a range of electronic systems such as LIMS and
document/equipment management software.
- Author and review SOP changes; participate in change controls,
CAPAs and other quality systems.
- Resolve routine and more advanced problems by utilizing
appropriate resources. Provide problem solving skills to support
- Participate in protocols for procedural and instrumentation
- Work on special projects as needed. Contribute towards continuous
- Train on and maintain considerable knowledge of current
regulatory requirements and relevant internal procedures.
- Work independently and as a team player with quality and
attention to detail. Good communication skills both oral and
written. Effectively and efficiently participate in assigned tasks
in a quality manner.
- Actively promote safety rules and awareness. Report and take
initiative to correct safety & environmental hazards. Work with
potentially hazardous chemical, radiological and/or biological
materials on a daily basis. Demonstrate good safety practices at
all times including the appropriate use of protective
- Promote and actively demonstrate the values of Accountability,
Quality, Efficiency, Customer Service, Collaboration, and Safety,
as well as appropriate workplace behaviors and professionalism,
including respect, flexibility, and a positive attitude toward work
- Typically requires 3-5 years with a BS degree in a related
scientific discipline (e.g. chemistry, biology) or equivalent
combination of education and previous relevant experience in the
pharmaceutical industry, related GMP environment, or equivalent.
Previous analytical chemistry including HPLC, GC and AA experience
preferred, also previous radiological and/or physical testing
- Routinely scheduled work, and/or overtime work required on
evenings, weekends, and/or holidays, including during adverse
weather conditions. Some non-routine travel may be required.
- Work with (or in proximity to) potentially hazardous chemical
materials and must be able to lift/move materials, e.g. gas
cylinders, -10-20 lb bottles of chemicals (individuals and
multiples in cartons), -25 lb. HPLC waste containers, and 50 lb.
lead/shields. Able to pass eye exam for color and correctable
Keywords: Randstad USA, Billerica , QA III, Chemistry, Other , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!