Onsite Support Specialist
Company: DGI Communications
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The Onsite Support Specialist provides direct onsite assistance
and technical support to our client's staff and employees,
supplying a range of support focused tasks on the integrated
Audio-visual systems and conferencing systems. The successful
person will be expected to have experience operating and high-level
troubleshooting of complex audio-visual solutions with diverse
products in a commercial business environment. The qualified
candidate must have strong communication, professionalism,
presentation, product demonstration, motivation, follow-up,
documentation, organization, prioritization, customer service and
multitasking skills. In addition, a can-do attitude, a strong work
ethic and the ability to build relationships with team members and
customers with varying personalities.
- Report each day to client site and check in with client support
team on daily tasks.
- Interact with client Customer Help Desk ticketing system to
respond to end user requests.
- Operate and test daily functionality of all AV and integrated
- Perform routine testing and problem diagnosis for all installed
conference room systems and equipment. (projectors, microphones,
speakers, amplifiers, cameras, and displays)
- Perform preventative maintenance to resolve problems or
identify problems requiring escalation to appropriate manager,
vendor, or manufacturer.
- Troubleshoot AV/V problems on the fly as required, "emergency"
as well as "non-critical" situations.
- Assist with company meetings/functions as required.
- Setup and breakdown of all onsite meetings
- Daily system testing to confirm equipment and room system is
- Responsible for documenting, communicating, and escalating all
break fix issues to their manager and DGI service team for
- Perform remote testing with DGI engineers as required.
- Act as a conduit for all communications between client team and
DGI Service Team.
- Ensure all conferencing systems and spaces are presentable and
ready for use. -Experience/Requirements:
- 1-3 years of experience in the AV Industry, IT industry, and/or
Customer Service and Support.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication
- High standard of personal integrity & professionalism.
- Basic understanding of Audio principles, audio conferencing,
DSP hardware and software.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand an AV signal
- Demonstrated working knowledge of AV practices and
- Working knowledge of IP addressing and IP networking
- Fluent in using Remote & VPN software, Team Viewer, etc.
- Working knowledge with Crestron hardware, system design,
- Proficient with Mac and PC operating systems and platforms, as
well as Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel).
- The ability to organize and manage workload in accordance with
service schedule requirements.
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet
- The ability to problem-solve and manage responsibilities with
- The ability to conduct a business meeting, present to an
audience and conduct solution training.
- Videoconferencing experience including operation, call set-up
and related equipment.
- Experience and knowledge of web conferencing tools such as
WebEx, Zoom, Cisco conferencing, etc.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Certifications: CTS, Extron AV Associate, Cisco, Zoom, WebEx
Keywords: DGI Communications, Billerica , Onsite Support Specialist, Other , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!