Aftermarket Parts Specialist
Company: BTU International
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The Aftermarket Parts Specialist supports the organization by
effectively executing aftermarket transactions in response to
inbound inquiries, quotations, order entry, order status,
follow-up, and delivery confirmation to the Company's domestic and
international customers. The Aftermarket Applications Specialist
will utilize in-house enterprise systems (ERP and CRM) and will
follow established Aftermarket Sales order processes. The incumbent
is also expected to analyze current processes and practices of the
Company's Aftermarket function and is encouraged to identify
opportunities for improvement. The role is boundary spanning, and
the incumbent will be expected to establish rapport with and gain
support from other company functions such as Purchasing,
Manufacturing, and Engineering departments. Time is of the essence,
and the incumbent is to represent the Company's strategic interests
in providing timely responses to customer support issues.
Essential duties and responsibilities
1. Receive customer inquiries for aftermarket support (parts,
services) and enter Company - - - -enterprise system.
2. Identify and request customer support requirements to the
relevant internal Company functions and departments (i.e.:
Purchasing, Manufacturing, Engineering, etc.)
3. Examine historic company records, such as blueprints, BOMS and
contracts to retrieve useful reference information to assist with
4. Coordinate/arrange technical support response to customer
questions, including conference calls, emails, visits, etc.
5. Collect necessary inputs and prepare price and delivery
quotation in response to customer inquiry.
6. Receive, acknowledge and confirm customer PO's. Enter customer
PO's into Company's enterprise system.
7. Communicate with the Company's outside representatives and sales
channel partners to coordinate commercial and technical responses
to international customers
8. Provide project / order status to clients, when requested, and
proactively, by monitoring and keeping current on aftermarket
orders expediting when required.
Other duties and responsibilities
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and knowledge
1. -Solid technical ability, mechanical aptitude, and ability to
"dig" into technical information to find answers and solve
2. Experience in a manufacturing company environment.
3. Experience communicating with foreign/international customers is
4. Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently in a
5. Technical knowledge/experience with thermal processing systems,
industrial furnace technology.
6. Experience or knowledge of advanced materials, ceramics,
chemical, composites, etc. is highly desirable.
Education and experience
A degree in Mechanical Engineering is highly desired but
appropriate experience in a manufacturing environment (sales
support, technician, specialist) would also be considered
Keywords: BTU International, Billerica , Aftermarket Parts Specialist, Other , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!