Company: Boston, MA Area Jobs
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Town of Billerica
The Town of Billerica seeks motivated candidates to fill an
Emergency Dispatcher position.
Candidates for this position should have at least a High School
Diploma, be 21 years of age at time of employment, and possess a
valid driver's license. Prior experience as a 911 dispatcher is
preferred but not required.
A Telecommunicator Dispatcher shall carry out policies and
procedures relating to all phases of public safety dispatching.
Telecommunicator Dispatchers operate the Communications Center
without assistance for extended periods of time and require
extensive radio training.
This position requires certification in CPR, Emergency Medical
Dispatching and MA/NCIC System Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes incoming calls of an emergency, non-emergency, or
- Obtains all pertinent information; relays information to public
safety personnel involved in the situation.
- Dispatches safety, service, and other appropriate personnel to
calls, as required
- Coordinates back-up support activities via radio; determines
priorities among calls for service; keeps supervisory personnel
aware of priority calls and equipment status.
- Maintains reporting on computer-aided dispatching systems;
performs data entry on computer to enter service calls ensuring
that entries are concise and accurate
- Updates files, and maintains accurate, detailed records, logs
and other information.
- Maintains constant and diligent monitoring of the radio system;
monitors computer to track unit status; ensures rapid response of
police to fire or emergency calls.
- Communicates via telephone or radio with other agencies, such
as utility companies, alarm services, ambulances, town and state
highway departments, animal control officers, towing agencies,
hospitals, water departments, etc.
- Operates NCIC/LEAPS computer terminal to obtain or input
information on persons, property, and vehicles in nationwide law
enforcement network for officers and administrators.
- May be required to train new employees assigned to dispatch
duties. Ascertains that all radio equipment is properly functioning
and reports any breakdown or defects immediately to the officer in
charge; records administrative events regarding equipment failures,
personnel absences, and other events.
- Maintains all certifications, licenses and professional
associations in order to keep abreast of current dispatching
procedures. Performs similar or related work as required, or as
Minimum Qualifications:Candidates for this position should have at
least a High School Diploma, be 21 years of age at the time of
employment, and possess a valid driver's license. Prior experience
as a 911 dispatcher is preferred but not required.
Additional Requirements:Certification in enhanced 9-1-1 systems in
the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and APCO Emergency Medical
Dispatch is preferred.
Keywords: Boston, MA Area Jobs, Billerica , Police Dispatch, Other , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!