Machine Operator 2nd Shift
Posted on: November 22, 2021
As a Production Technician - Level D at Markforged, you will be
responsible for helping support the operational effectiveness of
Fiber Production. You will operate production equipment, maintain
tooling and equipment, transfer consumable materials from inventory
to production, and support in special projects as required. You
will work directly with the Team Leader to ensure operational goals
and objectives are either met or exceeded.
Hours are: 2:30pm-11:00pm
What will you own?
* Operate Production Equipment
* Operate plastic extruder.
* Install tooling and initiate fiber production when a line needs
to be started.
* Enter process information into production computer.
* Change consumable materials.
* Operate material handling equipment
* Monitor all operational equipment, and ensure optimal standards
* Maintain Tooling and Equipment
* Perform line upgrades and equipment maintenance as needed.
* Maintain a clean working environment at all times.
* Troubleshoot issues with help of Engineering and Operations team
* Transfer Consumable Materials from Inventory to Production
* Prepare materials for production.
* Transfer materials to inventory.
* Notify Team Leader if/when any material issues are observed.
* Support in Special Projects
* As needed, projects to be determined
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely
missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make
you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown
this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who
tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply
if they hit roughly 60%. The point we're getting at, it doesn't
hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
* Minimum education: High school
* Preferred education: 2-year degree in electronics or other
* 5 years of experience in manufacturing or related field
* Experience with Safety systems
* Familiarity with additive manufacturing (preferred)
* Experience working with fiber materials (preferred)
* Experience working with plastics (preferred)
We are looking for someone with experience in/as a:
* Team lead or utility
* Manufacturing associate
* Machine shop
* High volume assembly (High volume/low mix or low volume/high mix
* Non-machine paced work, hand assembly
Skills and certifications:
* Microsoft Office Suite
* Google Documents
* Verbal/Written English Communication is required
* ERP/MRP (preferred)
* QMS (preferred)
Professional Certification (preferred):
* Lean manufacturing
* Project management
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build
anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated
individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making
Perks & Benefits
For all US-based roles, we offer a competitive compensation package
and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental
insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter
benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes
casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking,
weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited
access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment. These differences include but are not limited to race,
color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results
of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal
emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that
capitalize on each employee's skills, experience, and unique
perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or
Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees
related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Markforged, Billerica , Machine Operator 2nd Shift, Other , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!