Mechanical Engineer III
Company: ASM PACIFIC TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
Posted on: June 10, 2021
We are looking for an inquisitive and innovative Mechanical
Engineer III to develop and test next generation wafer process
hardware sub-systems. Someone who likes to invent and see their
inventions quickly turned into products will thrive in this job.
Ideally, that person already is, or would become, the subject
matter expert, and will use technical and patent literature,
factory visits and other outside information to drive innovation.
This position will require occasional travel to customer and
supplier sites, (both domestic and international).
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Create and test next generation process hardware sub-systems
incorporating a diverse spectrum of mechanical, material, and
fabrication technologies in an innovative and fast-paced
- Create system-level and sub-system performance simulations and
analyses for projects
- Design high performance and quality solutions that meet
- Plan project requirements and specifications; prepare and
present project status reports
- Projects include:
- Improvement of current system capabilities
- System failure analysis to identify root causes and devise
- Identify opportunities for product improvement and propose new
- Evaluate costs/benefit to support product goals and
- BS in Applied Physics, Mechanical or Materials Engineering. (MS
is preferred, but not required)
- 6-8 years of experience, preferably in semiconductor
- Entrepreneurial spirit with rigorous engineering design and
- Experience with invention and development of mechanical
- SOLIDWORKS user proficiency
- Agility with learning and using computer tools: Matlab, CAD,
FEA, Multi-physical modeling, etc.
- Familiarity with many types of material properties, fabrication
methods and functional constraints
- Knowledge of semiconductor equipment and wafer processing
- Understanding of experimental design and hypothesis
- Ability and willingness to travel
Keywords: ASM PACIFIC TECHNOLOGY LIMITED, Billerica , Mechanical Engineer III, Other , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!