As a Production Technician - Level D at Markforged, you will be
responsible for helping support the operational effectiveness of
Fiber Production. You will operate production equipment, maintain
tooling and equipment, transfer consumable materials from inventory
to production, and support in special projects as required. You
will work directly with the Team Leader to ensure operational goals
and objectives are either met or exceeded.
Hours are: 6:30am-3:00pm
What will you own?
- Operate Production Equipment
- Operate plastic extruder.
- Install tooling and initiate fiber production when a line needs
to be started.
- Enter process information into production computer.
- Change consumable materials.
- Operate material handling equipment
- Monitor all operational equipment, and ensure optimal standards
- Maintain Tooling and Equipment
- Perform line upgrades and equipment maintenance as needed.
- Maintain a clean working environment at all times.
- Troubleshoot issues with help of Engineering and Operations
- Transfer Consumable Materials from Inventory to Production
- Prepare materials for production.
- Transfer materials to inventory.
- Notify Team Leader if/when any material issues are
- Support in Special Projects
- As needed, projects to be determined
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very
likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could
make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has
shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized
groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus
men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we're getting at,
it doesn't hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Minimum education: High school
- Preferred education: 2-year degree in electronics or other
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing or related field
- Experience with Safety systems
- Familiarity with additive manufacturing (preferred)
- Experience working with fiber materials (preferred)
- Experience working with plastics (preferred)
We are looking for someone with experience in/as a:
- Team lead or utility
- Manufacturing associate
- Machine shop
- High volume assembly (High volume/low mix or low volume/high
- Non-machine paced work, hand assembly
Skills and certifications:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Documents
- Verbal/Written English Communication is required
- ERP/MRP (preferred)
- QMS (preferred)
Professional Certification (preferred):
- Lean manufacturing
- Project management
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build
anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated
individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making
Perks & Benefits
For all US-based roles, we offer a competitive compensation
package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance,
dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave,
commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment
includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free
parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have
unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal
Markforged values the differences among our employees and
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment. These differences include but are not
limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender
identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military.
This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments
that capitalize on each employee's skills, experience, and unique
perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or
Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees
related to unsolicited resumes.