Technical Sales and Support Representative
Company: Mettler Toledo
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
Be the first line of technical sales and support to incoming
prospects and customers via call center, email, or web-based eLeads
(inquiries coming from MT.com). Provide direct support through
phone and email communication by utilizing department's Interaction
Center CRM module. Troubleshoot product & application issues
resolving customer challenges through internal knowledge or
reaching out to company resources for additional support. Respond
to incoming product requests with "Best in Class" to the Sales
Channel for opportunity closing activities.
This is not a field support position.
Occasional travel may be necessary to enhance the knowledge of
our customers' requirements and the successful application of our
- As a customer focused support resource, the successful
candidate provides prompt, professional technical and sales
assistance to questions received via phone, email or web-based
eLeads. Communications may be directly with customers, Sales
Representatives, Channel Partners, or other internal team
- Provide efficient remote technical support to customers and
field team members. Facilitate solving customer issues and
application problems through engaging internal resources or
simulation of customer issues.
- Provide 24 hour response times to eLead inquiries by generating
CRM based quotes or forwarding to Channel Partners using
established procedures where required.
- Manage all incoming web inquiries from MT.COM and multiple MT
divisions; determine if leads require technical service, customer
service (quote) or technical support and distribute
- Maintain company's contact database through department's
Interaction Center CRM module. Properly documents all customer
contact and resolution of issues. Ensures accurate tracking of
appropriate product related issues in our customer complaint
- Earn the respect as a "go-to" product technical expert by
consistently providing credible and knowledgeable support. This
competency is developed through formal MT training and the
candidates self-motivation to learn and inquisitive nature.
- Provide technical expertise to other team members as required
in general support of the business.
- Maintain accurate and timely communication with the respective
sales & marketing team members responsible for the account and
product parameters ensuring they are informed of important trends
and key opportunities.
- Travel to maintain & further develop their product/application
- Perform special projects as assigned by the department
METRICS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Develops a high level of competency related to MTPRO products
and applications; leveraging knowledge and customer focused
interpersonal skills to deliver effective sales quotations and
resolutions of product issues.
- Takes personal ownership of issues and maintains focus to drive
them to a successful resolution with disciplined follow-up.
- Professionally responds to all inquiries within 24 hours
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor degree with strong preference for
technical/engineering discipline with electronics, mechanical or
- Clear, demonstrated experience in Technical Support or Sales in
the process industries.
- Minimum of two years direct experience.
- An inquisitive nature and is willing to explore and investigate
issues until solved.
- Proven problem solver and creative thinker.
- Self-starter, high energy individual.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision and making sound
- Strong cross-functional team contributor and comfortable in a
- Must be able to multi-task effectively.
Our Offer to You
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings
plan with company matching - all starting on date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement, employee wellness programs, plus other
perks and discounts
- Parental and caregiver leave policies
- All the usual benefits such as paid time off, flexible
spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance,
business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and
domestic partner benefits
- Global market strength and worldwide leadership in
- A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision,
quality, and innovation
- Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards A commitment
to extraordinary service on our state-of-the-art equipment
About Mettler Toledo
Working at Mettler Toledo means you are impacting the world in
important ways. Our precision measuring devices span the world's
laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We
manufacture, sell, and service instruments that detect, measure,
and weigh - from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or
- We help feed the world. We impact how food is produced,
packaged and made safe.
- We help keep you healthy. Our instruments make it possible for
scientists to develop new drugs and bring life-saving medicines to
- Mettler Toledo products are important to the production and
consistent quality of every kind of consumer product.
No matter how far human kind goes to explore new frontiers,
Mettler Toledo is there to help make it happen.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We give consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other protected classification. If you'd
like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under
the law, please click here.
Mettler Toledo endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any
and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the
accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the
application process, please contact us at EEO@mt.com.
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely
where you belong.
Job Reference #
Keywords: Mettler Toledo, Billerica , Technical Sales and Support Representative, Other , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!