Sr. Technical Support Engineer
Company: Bruker Corporation
Posted on: June 8, 2021
As one of the world's leading analytical instrumentation
companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in
all fields of research and development. All our systems and
instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate
time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing
quality of life. We've been driving innovation in analytical
instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,500
employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70
locations on all continents.
New opportunity for a Senior Technical Support Engineer with the
Bruker BioSpin Americas Team. The Senior Technical Support Engineer
provides advanced knowledge of Bruker BioSpin technologies, site
planning requirements, product installation, and servicing that is
recognized both locally and internationally. Responsible to guide
customers, Americas Service Group Team members and other Service
Engineers through ongoing technical challenges and issues and
provide continuous system technical support to customers (via site
visits, phone/e-mail/WebEx) for complex and routine needs.
- As part of a team, will oversee and participate in the
installation of complex high value life sciences equipment and
systems (such as MRI, UHF, DNP) from point of sale to final
acceptance while ensuring all projects are completed on time,
within budget, and meet high quality standards
- Provide training and mentoring for all AMER Engineers on
installation and service of new and old equipment in designated
area of expertise with emphasis on highest level of
- Perform and support specialized and most advanced installations
at customer sites, including but not limited to assembly, aligning
and testing to factory specification, field mapping, traveling
nation-wide and occasionally to customer sites outside US.
- Provide technical support to both customers and service
engineers nation-wide by phone and e-mail for highly complex and
- Perform complex and routine services on designated
- Responsible for follow-up troubleshooting, resolving problems
and communication with factory pertaining to more complicated
installations/services nation-wide as well as CAPA issues or other
- Build and maintain superior working knowledge of the various
products in designated specialty to be able to advise others and/or
resolve difficult problems.
- Actively participate and communicate with customer site project
- Complete field service reports and other required documentation
timely for all installations and services conducted.
- Demonstrate excellent and efficient troubleshooting logic and
skills in diagnosing failures and related issues.
- Assist with equipment maintenance and repair.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years mechanical and technical work experience
involving service engineering of complex life sciences systems and
equipment including 8 years hands on installation, maintenance,
troubleshooting, and repair.
- Extensive working knowledge of Bruker technologies is
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, technical communication,
organizational, and presentation skills, including fluent English,
and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Track record of excellent customer service communications
skills and professionalism at all times.
- Demonstrated capability, willingness, and interest to learn
sophisticated technology is required.
- Proven ability to train, mentor, and develop employees.
- Advanced interpersonal and customer service skills with proven
ability to coordinate with all parties in a timely, professional,
responsive, and courteous manner.
- This position requires lifting heavy objects and maneuvering
large bulky items, i.e. various tools, mechanical pumps, rigging
equipment, power supplies, field mapper and related items.
- This position requires reasonable dexterity to perform manual
functions in confined spaces
- Ability to satisfactorily perform field service customer
- Ability to satisfactorily complete position training
- Valid Driver License in good standing, issued by resident state
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status
- Maintain a valid passport with flexibility for domestic and
- May be required to pass security clearance investigation.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive
benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation,
holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export
control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all
positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their
eligibility in light of export control restrictions.
Keywords: Bruker Corporation, Billerica , Sr. Technical Support Engineer, Other , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!