Lead Technical Regulations & Standards Engineer
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Do you enjoy working with a global diverse team?
Join our Panametrics Team!
The team at Panametrics, a Baker Hughes business designs and
manufactures a range of sensing instrumentation that that are
utilized in a vast array of market segments. Our flagship product
such as Ultrasonic flowmeter & analyzers help customers across all
process industry to handle toughest environment and most difficult
Partner with the best
Panametrics is looking for a Lead Technical Regulations and
Standards Engineer to work closely with our design teams to deliver
next-generation industrial sensing equipment. A successful
applicant would have previous regulatory experience in an
industrial sector and be comfortable working with agencies in North
America, Europe, and Asia, while also having strong engineering
fundamentals to successfully interface with the technical
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Review and understand the applicable standards required by Law
in countries that apply to the relevant products.
- Communicate standards to the design community and maintain
- Participate with independent third parties to perform product
compliance and certification work (testing, design review etc.) and
communicate results/actions to the relevant engineering and supply
- Interact with outside engineering firms and/or governmental
agencies to provide or record product compliance to required
regional or national standards to gain the needed product
certification or qualification.
- Lead analytical and design activities using proven technologies
and vested approaches and methods.
- Connects the dots across technologies and develop
cross-technology solutions; works on cross-functional
projects/teams to deliver technology solutions for the
- Drive TRS team to define approaches, and methodologies and
drive their implementation across the organization.
- Drives implementation of knowledge management and stimulates
the sharing of knowledge.
- Works within a team setting to execute routine but complex
- Experience working with regulatory agency auditors, and
supporting periodic audits.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or
a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, specifically
leadership experience with globally located, multi-disciplinary
- Ability to work independently, and drive initiatives with
- Established project management skills.
- Ability to document, plan, and execute several projects
- Demonstrated prior experiences in certifying hazardous
environment products to standards including US/CAN, ATEX/IECEx for
Class 1 Div 1/Div 2; Zone 1/Zone 2, additional familiarity with
Explosion-proof and Intrinsically Safe designs is highly
- Has existing relationships with certification agencies
including CSA, FM, UL, BASEEFA, TUV, etc.
- Possesses familiarity with import/export needs for regional
requirements, i.e. CRN, Pattern Approval etc.
- Familiarity with SAP and TRS/Compliance block management within
- Experience with global wireless directives, like those
maintained by the FCC, ISEB, FCA, CCC etc.
- Experience with existing global material compliance regulations
like REACH, WEEE, RoHS, etc, and familiar with new regulations like
- Strong problem solving skills.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in
which people want to work and deliver at their best is different
for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible
- Occasional remote working as required.
- Flexibility within the day or week to get the job done.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We
know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged
and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest
in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward
talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century.
But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the
boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change
with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join
us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better
solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our
people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're
committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're
always looking for the right people to help us get there. People
who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner
and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a
company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come
join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and