Are you ready to grow sales and be part of a passionate and
hard-working team eager to drive our business forward and exceed
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as a
Logistics Coordinator in Billerica, MA or Salem, NH!
What you will do:
Under the direction of the Bulk Manager, the Logistics Planner
has the responsibility for accurately forecasting product
deliveries. The Scheduler will plan and schedule trips to ensure
customer service levels and efficiency of operations with available
resources while supporting the Airgas safety culture and adherence
to Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
- Exceed customer expectations through a strong focus on accurate
forecasting, adjusting, planning and scheduling deliveries of bulk
cryogenic gases in a timely and efficient manner. (10 ) Microbulk
Trucks per day with (5,300 Deliveries annually) as well as plan and
route Tube Trailer and portables
- Process all customer requests and maintain accurate and
detailed records on product requirements and customer replenishment
- Ensure that documentation and processes are in accordance with
Airgas Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Effectively communicate with production, distribution and sales
departments to exceed internal and external customer expectations
by ensuring uninterrupted supply and delivery of bulk gases.
- Confirm systems data (tank readings, telemetry readings,
planned deliveries to optimize off-loading the truck capacity)
- Determine and adjust delivery schedule for customer accounts
- Effectively communicate with drivers, external customers,
maintenance personnel, customer service technicians and others to
carry out daily functions.
- Manage diverse issues of internal and external customers in a
- Support Airgas safety culture to assist in safe deliveries to
customer sites and support drivers to adhere to DOT rules and
- Drive down our cost to serve (miles driven, Driver OT)
- Communicate cross functionally with various groups to ensure
coordination of services are effective Including but not limited to
Sales, Fleet Manager, Operations and AMG
- Other tasks as assigned.
What you will have:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- College degree with emphasis in supply chain, operations
management, logistics, or business administration is
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an operational /
management support role.
- Experience in the transportation and distribution field in a
dispatching and routing environment is preferred.
- Experience coordinating maintenance on a commercial truck fleet
- Experience with remote monitoring software is preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Google suite applications and
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Attention to detail to confirm systems data (i.e. tank
readings, telemetry readings, planned deliveries).
- Ability to learn and utilize SAP order management and
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations related to commercial
- Advanced communication skills including active listening.
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand
when to escalate potential issues.
- High level of ability to multitask in a fast-paced
transportation dispatch environment required. Flexibility to switch
gears with little notice.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Analytical abilities.
- Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly
using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy.
- Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine
when issues need to be escalated.
- Strong follow-up skills.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan
with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of
industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and
related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety
products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one
million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products,
services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates,
over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total
Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world
leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health,
Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and
industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director,
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver,
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,