Embedded Software (Firmware) Engineer
Company: Baker Hughes Company
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The team at Panametrics, a Baker Hughes business designs and
manufactures a range of sensing instrumentation and sensors that
are utilized in a vast array of market segments. Panametrics is
looking for a Lead Firmware Engineer to work collaboratively with
Global cross functional teams to develop state of the art,
next-generation industrial sensing products, solutions and
platforms. Key responsibilities include requirements definition,
documentation, architecture, design, algorithm development and
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Lead the execution of product design, validation, and
certification of industrial grade embedded systems
- Evaluate system level requirements by brainstorming with
Product Specialists, Product Managers, and other peers throughout
- Perform cross platform development of C/C++ code while
maintaining code quality through best practices and code quality
- Develop system architectures for multi-channel data acquisition
and signal processing products
- Support sustaining activities across a broad product
- Support the creation and implementation of process-driven
design decisions (CPO; NPI and NTI; Operations, Sales, and Service
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in Computer Science, Electrical
Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited
college or university.
- 5+ years' experience with developing embedded C/C++
applications for embedded operating systems such as Linux, QNX
Neutrino, Micrium C/OS, etc. on ARM targets.
- Experience with the Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC architecture, design
workflow, Xilinx's SDK and Peta Linux tools.
- Hands-on experience with tools like Git, SVN.
- Proficient in using softwares/hardware debugging
- Experience with Industrial communication protocols like HART,
Foundation Fieldbus, OPC UA and MQTT is a plus.
- Experienced with serial communications including RS232, RS485,
Modbus, I2C and SPI.
- Experience with the Peta Linux/Yocto design workflow.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, Sockets,
Ethernet stack, etc.
- Experience with real-time implementation of Signal Processing
- Experience working directly with external vendor(s) to
integrate and troubleshoot issues with chips and drivers.
- Familiarity with Dev tools like IAR's Embedded Workbench IDE,
JIRA, Rally, Confluence, Jenkins.
- Familiarity with reading electrical schematic and PCB layout
designs. Capable of hardware debugging at board level using
oscilloscope, bus analyzers, digital multimeters, etc.
- Effective communicator within technical and non-technical
environments capable of concise and effective written and verbal
- Practical experience with design of industrial products.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to perform in a
team environment, across functions, and with customer and
Keywords: Baker Hughes Company, Billerica , Embedded Software (Firmware) Engineer, Other , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!