Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Job Title Quality Assurance Engineer Job Family Job Description
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC is a manufacturer of heavy-duty,
zero-emissions engines for mobility applications. With facilities
located in the U.S. and Europe, Nuvera provides clean, safe, and
efficient products designed to meet the rigorous needs of
industrial vehicles and other transportation markets. Nuvera is a
subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Group, Inc., which designs, engineers,
manufactures, sells, and services a comprehensive line of lift
trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally primarily under the
Hyster-- and Yale-- brand names. Hyster-Yale Group is a wholly
owned subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. (NYSE:HY).
Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. and its subsidiaries,
headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, employ approximately 7,800 people
worldwide. We are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our
team. This role will be responsible for ensuring the quality of
product and processes utilizing the Nuvera Production System.
Identify and implement quality improvements in manufacturing fuel
cell stack and engine product Value Streams to ensure that product
received by customers meet expectations. Identify, analyze, and
recommend corrective actions to resolve quality issues in the
Values Streams. This position works closely with internal and
external customers to assure accurate problem definition and
appropriate corrective actions are taken to eliminate quality
issues. Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Analyze, plan and implement improvements of existing processes
in a value stream(s). Support justification for improvement;
implement improvements through process or equipment changes.
Present information to Leadership Team as needed.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing to analyze equipment / process
issues to identify and resolve process / product issues.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering to develop and
improve processes as well as validate equipment.
- Provide input for the internal quality process, including
inspection, calibration, and MRB processes.
- Monitor purchased part quality in collaboration with the
internal assigned supplier Quality Engineer and Global SQE
department. Support the SQE personnel for new supplier parts
through the PPAP process.
- Analyze needs and develop training processes for shop floor
personnel. Analyze and implement solutions to production quality
- Collaborate with Design Engineering to introduce new/ revised
products in production.
- Support the BMS system through assigned activities such as
internal audits, document control, and other BMS / ISO activities
Required Job Qualifications (unless otherwise noted): Educational
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (preferred) or more than 10 yrs.
equivalent experience in a similar manufacturing environment
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
- ASQ Quality Certification (e.g. CQE, CQA, CRE) preferred.
Previous Work Experience
- 5-7 years in Quality field (or equivalent work experience in
similar manufacturing environment) Special Skills, Experience and
- Minimum three years in manufacturing and product knowledge in a
similar manufacturing environment
- Broad Technical understanding of fuel cell stack and
electromechanical systems and components or similar complex part
assemblies from another manufacturing industry
- Experience with leadership skills
- Extensive "on the shop floor" experience in problem solving
activity with related internal departments
- Formal training and/or experience with ISO standards
- Ability to work and communicate effectively across all levels
of the company
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word,
- SAP (or similar), statistical software (MiniTab, etc) Physical
requirements/Work environment Office / Lab Environment Travel
Required 25% possible Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Veterans/Disabled and other protected
categories. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status. Nuvera participates in e-Verify. Job ID
0117 Employment Type Full time Work Hours 40 Travel Required
Primary Location Nuvera US Billerica, MA Address 129 Concord Road
Building 1 Zip Code 01821 Field-Based No Relocation Assistance
Available No We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent
benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance,
401(k) and profit sharing.
Keywords: Nuvera, Billerica , Quality Assurance Engineer, Other , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!