Manufacturing Equipment Engineer
Company: Entegris, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Why work at Entegris?
Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your Future.
Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same
background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the
differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every
employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on
projects and initiatives. Our decision making process is truly a
collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level
of the organization.We put our values at the core of how we operate
as an organization not just when its convenient, but in a lasting
and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend here to
have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of the
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees
rally around our core PACE values:
Our team supplies critical materials to the ultra-high purity
semiconductor market. Our technology enables the latest chip
technology and its applications, including IoT, AI, machine
learning and 5G. Specifically, we make products that filter and
purify process chemistries used in semi processing. Demand for our
products is rising rapidly and we are looking for someone who can
help us meet the needs of our customers.
As part of Entegris Manufacturing Operations team, the
Manufacturing Equipment Engineer will work closely with the
production and process engineering team to support the existing
equipment and to assess the needs for additional or replacement
equipment to meet demand. Due to the fast pace of innovations in
semiconductors, you must be able to interact with staffin all
functions to deploy assets to add capacity, replace older machines,
meet New Product Introduction requirements and improve quality.We
expect that youll collaborate, share and be ready to learn in a
team that partners closely with its customers.
- Engage with a variety of stakeholders including,Facilities and
EHS, Procurement, R&D, Maintenance and Reliability, Controls
Engineering and Operations personnel to lead needed capital through
the entire process from justification to commissioning and
- Apply Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Maintenance
and Reliability (DfMR) principles to optimally design and build
necessary equipment. This may include chairing HAZOp assessment
teams during design phase.
- Use a variety of inputs to develop a coherent specification
document that clearly defines all aspects of the project.
- Develop project plans to meet the timelines of the
- Manage projects to stay within timing, budget and quality
- Use core project management principles and techniques to report
progress to Management team.
- Use CAD to design equipment/subcomponents and source/create
fixtures to enable the assets to be used for a variety of form
factors and process flows.
- Source new vendors and work with current vendors to clarify
requirements and set expectations to be down selected in the bid
process for new equipment. Develop and use comparative assessments
tools to aid the down selection process.
- Work with Engineers, Maintenance and Reliability personnel and
Operations to define PM programs (including spares inventories,
frequency and timing, etc) for new assets. May require the use of
criticality assessments and FMEAs in concert with the Engineering
- Use current floor layouts and new asset specifications to work
with stakeholders to optimize the asset within the context of the
Manufacturing cell area.
- Recommend improvements to the overall capital process.
- Assist with manufacturing engineering and maintenance team as
needed to keep production running. This would include equipment
troubleshooting, failure analysis, and continuous improvement
projects related to equipment design and functionality.
- Motivated and self-directed team player with good interpersonal
- Must have ability to reach out, communicate and influence
personnel at all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated hands on problem solving utilizing good
- Experience supporting a manufacturing environment
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering with a
strong knowledge of machine controls integration.
- Working knowledge of IQ/ OQ/ PQ protocols.
- Excellent Project Management and strong communication
- Work-related technical experience in a Production
- CAD/SolidWorks experience and reasonable expertise.
- Proficient in MS Office/Project, SAP.
- Understand the general nature of controls strategy and
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated use of
- Experience in the use of Quality and SPC tools and associated
- Ability to adapt changing responsibilities quickly based on
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry is a plus.
- FAT/Vendor Selection and Management/Equipment
- Ability to work with a diverse team in terms of background and
skill sets to achieve greater levels of efficiency and
- Ability to manage time and balance short term needs of
day-to-day production environment with long term project
deliverables and timelines
- Embody a sense of ownership and passion of the process and
drive improvements through creative solutions
- Develop and help implement the future state of manufacturing
excellence in our factory
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck.
Whether youre looking to build your career, improve your health, or
protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve
- Very Competitive total compensation plans.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future with an
impressive employer match thats all yours- no vesting!
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your
needs to ensure youre happy and healthy.
- A progressive PTO policy that empowers our employees to take
the time they need to recharge!
At Entegris we are committed to providing equal opportunity
to all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire,
train, and reward employees for their individual abilities,
achievements and experience without regard to race, color,
religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability,
marital or military status.
Keywords: Entegris, Inc., Billerica , Manufacturing Equipment Engineer, Other , billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!