Principal Solutions Architect
Posted on: October 11, 2020
IDEMIA is the global leader in identity and security. Our mission
is to create a safe and simple future where identity verification
is indisputable, and only you can assert your identity. We are a
distributed company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver
world-class products in the private and public sectors of finance,
telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment,
commercial, government, and IoT. We use a variety of technologies
and approaches to deliver quality product and services to
government agencies and technology companies. IDEMIA is a made up
of a group of 14,000 diverse people from different nationalities,
speaking over 20 different languages. Together, our solutions
impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations. In this
ever-changing world, protecting your identity is paramount. Join
the team that is ensuring one person- one identity.
IDEMIA USA seeks a Principal Solutions Architect who can work with
our sales staff, business development team, marketing group, and
clients to shape, architect, design and deliver IT-centric
solutions that meet our client's business modernization, customer
service and efficiency objectives.
The Principal Solution Architect is a lead solution strategist,
working with our sales staff as a Pre-Sales Engineer providing
technical sales support expertise for sales pursuits representing
technology practitioners for the corporation. Successful candidates
will have a proven record of delivering Enterprise technology
strategies, designs, and full lifecycle implementations in support
of a business solution. The Architect maintains close working
relationships with the Sales team and Business
Development/Marketing teams and educates technologists, customer IT
departments, customer leadership and business developers on the
appropriate application of technology and solutions. The Architect
is expected to actively participate in sales pursuits and in
thoroughly understanding the customers environments in their focus
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
* Assist in developing business opportunities, including meeting
with / interviewing clients, understanding the client's compelling
events and business needs, interactively developing a solution with
clients, responding to RFIs and RFPs, writing and presenting
proposals, presenting end-user demos, and assisting with drafting,
reviewing, negotiating and finalizing statements of work.
* Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to delivery high
quality demos, both for generic product demonstrations as well as
highly scripted RFP compliance demos.
* Act as lead author for majority of technical text for sole source
and RFP responses. Coordinate with rest of the proposal team, on
acquiring and editing text from other SMEs for inclusion in
* Actively participate and coordinate in the development, testing,
logistics and execution of customized compliance demos as part of
the RFP process.
* Consultative selling and leveraging business through superior
delivery skills, good client relations, and subject matter
* Assemble relevant resources and appropriate materials to support
sales pursuits including acting as a liaison between the Sales Team
and the Engineering Leads. Shape client solutions as a Solutions
Architect. Requires good analytic skills to probe and understand
the client's situation, and then translate that knowledge into a
solution specific to that client.
* Remain active and involved in the extension and expansion of
accounts within area of expertise and identify new opportunities
* Develop and maintain relationships with key vendors and educating
Sales Team in additional revenue opportunities and through use of
vendor products / services in the delivery of client solutions.
* Business: Demonstrate subject matter expertise in all business
development activities including sales calls, client presentations,
demonstrations and round tables.
* Business: Oversee and/or provide technology subject matter
expertise for quoting and proposal activities including advising
the sales team on deliverability of request, driving the
identification of alternatives, formulating the solution, and
supporting the development of the response.
* Relationship Management: Play a support role in influencing
client expectations and ensuring client satisfaction in area of
responsibility and beyond, and demonstrate sound negotiating
* Leverage: Lead major proposal efforts, create strategies to win
business in new markets, current accounts.
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also perform similar
work-related duties as assigned.
* Able to script and execute multi hour custom compliance demos
* Specific experience in the domain of digital identity.
* Experience in SOA, SAAS, Cloud and Enterprise Architecture
* Able to interact and present to clients at multiple levels,
including corporate officers, vice presidents, directors, and
business and technology management
* Master of architectures, technologies, and methodologies used to
deliver solutions for modern IT infrastructures including cloud,
virtualization, hosted and dedicated customer owned systems.
* Experience identifying client business needs, and translating
them into solutions
* Understands business case development
* Experience with supporting Sales/RFP Efforts for government
customers of at least 20 million value
* Able to Handle Sole source proposal for all customers without
* Able to act as lead on RFP for all customers
* Able to write proposal responses on any topic and able to guide
others in writing responses and act as a reviewer for the responses
* Able to act as a SME on either a technical topic of importance to
the engineering as a whole or act as an Organization SME for one or
more of our products
* Able to interact directly with customers in both written and
* Able to take major role in technical negotiations with
* Ability to recognize technical challenges and lead a team to
resolve technology issues
* One or more industry domain experience with mobile application
development, health care, banking, fraud prevention, motor vehicle
operations, or public safety required.
* Able to generalize past experiences across industries,
technologies, and client situations
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Excellent presentation skills
* Strong skill in developing compelling, winning proposals
* Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity
* Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
* Desired experience in lead in execution of compliance demos
* Ability to provide strong leadership and support to sales
* Ability to be a high-impact player on multiple simultaneous
* Ability to think strategically, balancing long and short-term
* Hands-on development experience with the primary components of a
solution a plus
* Bachelor Degree in a related discipline from an Accredited
Institution required, Advanced Degree a plus
* 7-10 years of experience in architecting, developing and
deploying IT solutions
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
* U.S. Domestic travel required, approximately 35%.
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other protected characteristics
Keywords: IDEMIA, Billerica , Principal Solutions Architect, Other , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!