Technical Support Engineer
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Technical Support Engineer
US-MA-Billerica - US - US-OH
# of Openings
Full Time/Part Time
As one of the world's leading analytical instrumentation companies,
Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields
of research and development. All our systems and instruments are
designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market
and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life.
We've been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50
years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,500 employees are working
on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all
New opportunity for a Senior Technical Support Engineer with the
Bruker BioSpin Americas Team. The Senior Technical Support Engineer
provides advanced knowledge of Bruker BioSpin technologies, site
planning requirements, product installation, and servicing that is
recognized both locally and internationally. Responsible to guide
customers, Americas Service Group Team members and other Service
Engineers through ongoing technical challenges and issues and
provide continuous system technical support to customers (via site
visits, phone/e-mail/WebEx) for complex and routine needs.
- As part of a team, will guide Americas
Service on the installation of complex high value life sciences
equipment and systems (such as MRI, UHF, DNP) from point of sale to
final installation and customer satisfaction survey while ensuring
all projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet high
- Provide Project Management training and mentoring for AMER
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire
execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of
scope, budget, and timeline.
- Monitor project progress continuously and prepare detailed
scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and
deliverables while communicating proactively with all involved
personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create
solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials as needed before
and during projects by talking with customers, team members,
managers, and contractors and negotiating price and payment
agreements with vendors.
- Act as a key liaison between the customer and the Bruker
factory and service team to drive customer satisfaction and process
- Responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Identify, escalate, and resolve issues, which might affect
customer satisfaction and Bruker operational targets.
- Work cross functionally with sales and services teams while
owning the project management and implementation process for Bruker
- Provide technical project guidance to both customers and
service engineers nation-wide by phone and e-mail for highly
complex and daily issues.
- Build and maintain superior working and scientific technical
knowledge of the various products in designated specialty to be
able to advise others and/or resolve difficult problems.
- Complete progress reports and other required documentation
timely for all installations and services conducted.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5-8 years of related commercial project management work
- Project Management Professional (CAPM/PMP) certification
- Lean 6 Sigma preferred
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools,
methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined
scope, budget, and timeline
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, technical communication,
organizational, and presentation skills, including fluent English,
and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Track record of excellent customer service communications
skills and professionalism at all times.
- Demonstrated capability, willingness, and interest to learn
sophisticated scientific technology is required.
- Proven ability to train, mentor, and develop employees.
- Advanced interpersonal and customer service skills with proven
ability to coordinate with all parties in a timely, professional,
responsive, and courteous manner.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs., transport equipment and tools in
excess of 300 lbs.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete position training
- Valid Driver License in good standing, issued by resident state
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status
- Maintain a valid passport with flexibility for domestic and
- May be required to pass security clearance investigation.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits
package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays,
and tuition assistance (as applicable). Bruker is a federal
contractor and subject to Executive Order 14042. Under Executive
Order 14042, all employees must be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 (with limited exceptions for those employees who are
unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely
held religious belief). You will need to provide proof of
vaccination by submitting a copy of your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination
Record Card to Bruker, or obtain a religious or medical exemption,
as a condition of employment. Bruker is an equal opportunity
employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status,
and other protected characteristics. Certain positions at Bruker
require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all
interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened
pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export
Keywords: Bruker, Billerica , Technical Support Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!