Customer Technical Support Specialist III
Company: BTU International
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job summarySupport all technical aspects of post market
activities for all company products worldwide meeting and/or
exceeding both internal and external customer expectations. Respond
to customer related technical inquiries, specifically around
electrical problems and troubleshoot electrical circuits, as well
as the determination of the necessity to dispatch service personnel
to insure timely resolution of customer issues. -In addition, the
Specialist may train the customers on resolving issues.Essential
duties and responsibilities
- Interfaces directly with customers, representatives, field
engineers on the phone and in person regarding questions of
operations, maintenance and or applications of the equipment.
- Provides backup support to field service representatives via
telephone and/or on-site support.
- Interfaces between field service and other operating
departments to affect timely resolutions to field problems.
- Collaborates with engineers to review a wide variety technical
material for such publications as installation manuals, maintenance
manuals, operator guides, Field Advisor Notices, and Field Change
- Generate service bulletins identifying any hardware and/or
software changes to the customer base and field service
- Verify, document, and report all recurring failures as reported
by customers and field service personnel and interface with
Manufacturing and Engineering departments to eliminate recurring
- Selects appropriate equipment and parts to meet customer's
requirements and corresponds with customer and field sales
- Conduct training and development of the BTU and third-party
service personnel, as well as customers on the operations,
maintenance, and system troubleshooting of BTU products.
- Assist in special tasks as assigned by the Customer Service
Supervisor.Other duties and responsibilities
- May require travel
- Out of hours on call supportSkills and knowledge
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with
experience in high pressure, fast paced service business.
- Proficiency with various desktop PC software packages (Excel,
Word, Power Point, etc.).
- Analytical and statistical ability.
- Proficiency with electrical, electronics, pneumatics,
mechanical and plumbing systems.
- Proficiency with computer and PLC control systems.Education and
- Associates degree or Trade School focusing in electrical or
electronics, or equivalent work experience in a technical field, or
Miliary technical training.
- Five years of experience in a technical service
- Project management experience.
Keywords: BTU International, Billerica , Customer Technical Support Specialist III, IT / Software / Systems , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!