Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Company: ALERT INNOVATION
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Alert Innovation is a growing start-up with a mission to re-invent
retailing through robotics, and we are seeking to hire people who
love their work and want it to be meaningful, strive for
excellence, and want to work in a collaborative, team-oriented
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you work with a
cross-functional team to qualify new and exciting features in
robotics and controls. This position focuses on developing test
plans for new functionality and creating automated and manual
functional, regression, and performance tests. You will play an
important part in our company's product development process. Our
ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before
product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets the
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop comprehensive test
plans for new functionality
- Develop test strategies to efficiently test the different
systems making up the product
- Develop and execute automated and manual smoke, regression,
functional, and acceptance tests
- Report defects and investigate and debug failures
- Identify trends in failures and implement countermeasures to
prevent recurrence of failures
- Participate in process improvements
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience with Python, Java, or other languages
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong interest in learning new systems and technologies
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Nice To Have
- Experience with Test processes, open-source test frameworks,
test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests in
Python with frameworks like JUnit/TestNG, Selenium, Robot
- Experience working in a CI/CD Environment like Jenkins
- Experience using source control software and project management
software like GitHub or Jira
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as
part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as
she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and
depth: "Treat others as you would want to be treated".
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in
a company is important, and the performance of the entire company
can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her
full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified
exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team
creates "performance synergy", whereby the capacity to perform as a
team is much greater than the sum of the individual members'
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as
we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it
better. This core value manifests itself through questioning,
probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving,
listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It
also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as
self-examination and self-honesty.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for each job
family and level within the Boston-area market in which we are
based. As part of our Power of Truth value we practice salary
transparency, so you know you are being compensated fairly relative
to other team members performing similar roles in our
Every employee is granted stock options that vest over four
Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package starting on
their first date of employment:
- No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off
for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need
keeping in mind the demands of your team's workload.
- 9 Paid Holidays.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K + company
- Tuition & work-related training reimbursement programs.
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health,
parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal, and financial consultation
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits and is not
meant to be a comprehensive explanation. To hear more, please
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate
based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status
as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability,
or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: ALERT INNOVATION, Billerica , Software Quality Assurance Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!