Senior Software Engineer
Company: ALERT INNOVATION
Posted on: February 24, 2021
As a Senior Full-stack Software Engineer on the Workstation team,
you will play a hands-on role in the development of enterprise
software applications to be used in the automation of online
grocery fulfillment. We are looking for people who thrive in a
creative, collaborative and agile development environment.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary, generous benefits and
an equity stake in our growing company.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Utilize Java, Spring Boot, Redis, Angular and other
technologies to create compelling and efficient applications.
- Write clear, modular and documented business logic, messaging
and user interface code.
- Participate in code reviews and design discussions.
- Troubleshoot issues Assess, investigate and incorporate new
- Play an active role in helping the team develop high quality
software that meets the customers' needs and is delivered on
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years of Java development experience
- Experience in building enterprise software
- 2+ years using Angular
- 2+ years of Spring Boot experience
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Familiar with git source control management and issue tracking
using a tool such as Jira
- Passionate about creating high quality software
- Comfortable working in an agile, collaborative team
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area
- Experience with Electron a plus
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as
part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as
she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and
depth: "Treat others as you would want to be treated".
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in
a company is important, and the performance of the entire company
can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her
full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified
exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team
create "performance synergy", whereby the capacity to perform as a
team is much greater than the sum of the individual members'
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as
we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it
better. This core value manifests itself through questioning,
probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving,
listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It
also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as
self-examination and self-honesty.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for each job
family and level within the Boston-area market in which we are
based. As part of our Power of Truth value we practice salary
transparency, so you know you are being compensated fairly relative
to other team members performing similar roles in our
Every employee is granted stock options which vest over four
Full time employees receive a generous benefits package starting on
your first date of employment:
- No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off
for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need
keeping in mind the demands of your team's workload.
- 9 Paid Holidays.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K + company
- Tuition & work-related training reimbursement programs.
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health,
parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal and financial consultation
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits and is not
meant to be a comprehensive explanation. To hear more, please
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate
based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status
as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability,
or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: ALERT INNOVATION, Billerica , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!