Retail Licensed Optician (LDO)
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Assists customers with frame selection, fits and dispenses frames. Utilizing technical information to interpret prescription to assist customer with selection of optical products and services.
Pay Class and Pay
Pay Class: Full Time or Part Time (Select One)
Pay: $24.50- $36.75 per hour
Bonus: Up to $4,000 sign on bonus
1. Assist each customer in frame and lens selection meeting social distance requirements
2. Ensure compliance with social distancing, cleaning protocols and cleaning hygiene practices: frequent handwashing, not shaking hands, cover nose and mouth while coughing or sneezing, avoid touching eyes / nose / mouth with unwashed hands
3. Provide customers with accurate product information regarding frames, lens selections and other services.
4. Provide customers covered by Third Party insurance with accurate information regarding benefits to ensure proper selection of frames and lenses. Inform the customer of any additional charges not covered by their Third Party insurance coverage.
5. Utilize the SERVE sales process to identify customer needs and establish proper lens recommendations based on patient needs. Associate must utilize all available demonstration tools (See SERVE brochire for specifics).
6. Analyze and interpret patients' prescriptions. Communicate as necessary with the Lab and Optometrist to ensure accuracy of prescription.
7. Sell, fit and dispense frames and other accessories through the use of accurate measurements, verification of ordered products and adjustments of various optical products, in accordance with the Eyewear Presentation.
8. Maintain a clean and orderly dispensing area.
9. Responsible for the accuracy of customer pricing for the retail customer.
10. Maintain license requirements per State Guidelines
11. Where applicable, provide feedback and guidance to Apprentice Opticians
12. Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
13. Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements as specified within your departmental goals. This is in addition to, the completion of any activities necessary for the maintenance of professional affiliations or organizational requirements.
14. Diligently maintain the cleanliness of all equipment, workstations and the overall facility on a daily basis.
15. As required by changing business needs, complete additional responsibilities as assigned.
--- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience & Background:
--- Current MA Ophthalmic dispensing license
--- Knowledge and demonstrated abilities in explaining optical products, services, the analysis and interpretation of optical prescriptions, fitting and dispensing.
--- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
--- Ability to write simple correspondence
--- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization
--- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages
--- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
--- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
--- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines).
Amount of Time
1/3 to 2/3
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
Reach with Hands and Arms
Climb or balance
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Talk or hear
--- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
--- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
--- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
--- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
--- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
--- Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral Characteristics:
--- Basic computer literacy
--- Strong communication skills and the desire to work with the public
--- Possess an outgoing, positive professional personality & appearance
--- Ability to work independently and as part of team
--- Ability to interact well with Doctor and other associates
--- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
--- Flexibility to support change
--- Ability to work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis.
--- Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company's Privacy & Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete additional essential responsibilities as identified and assigned.
Union Position Compensation: Position provides competitive pay and benefits. Specific terms are set forth in the Company's collective bargaining agreement with a minimum pay rate of $24.50 per hour plus incentive. Starting pay may vary based on experience to a maximum of $36.75 per hour. Incentive pay, wage upgrades, and overtime opportunities also available.
Keywords: Visionworks, Billerica , Retail Licensed Optician (LDO), Hospitality & Tourism , Billerica, Massachusetts
here to apply!