Cook I - Food Manufacturing
Company: Sodexo Frontline
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Location: US-MA-BILLERICASystem ID: 963938Category: Food
ServiceEmployment Status: Full-TimeUnit Name: THE PASS - CURATED
KITCHEN BOSUnit Contact: Kate Zummo Target Hourly Rate: $21UNIT
DESCRIPTIONFood Manufacturing Facility with Sodexo - Located in
Billerica, MAShift/Schedule Sunday - Thursday 7:30am to 4:00pm This
is a cold chill food prep environment - staff work in cold
temperatures preparing and packaging food for quality assurance.
Job requires standing and working in an exciting and fast-paced,
cold temperature environment. This position requires advanced
culinary knife skills and a food safety knowledge and background.
Please reach out with questions, inqueries or interest. Holding
on-site interviews immediately!
Position SummaryThe Cook I will accurately and efficiently prepare,
portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items
for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and
Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the
position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ
among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
requirements. General Responsibilities :
- Prepares and cooks to order foods that may require short
- May prepare food and serve customers at an a la carte and may
operate a grill station.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal,
state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure
high-quality food service is provided.
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food
required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing,
seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats,
vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating
- Prepares foods under direct supervision or instruction by
operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix
ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and
vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements,
checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan
production requirements and requisition supplies and
- May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must
follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies
and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- May produce some batch goods using basic cooking
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity. Experience/Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 0 to 2 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling
procedures preferred. Skills/Aptitude:
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.
- Good working knowledge of food preparation.
- Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised Physical
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds. Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
employer.Benefits EligibilityFull Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we
believe every employee should have the resources to be their best.
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed
to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental
and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their
benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with
Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial
and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program
and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be
available to all employees). PI
Keywords: Sodexo Frontline, Billerica , Cook I - Food Manufacturing, Hospitality & Tourism , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...