MRI Application Scientist - Bruker BioSpin Pre-Clinical Imaging
Company: Bruker Corporation
Posted on: November 23, 2020
As one of the world s leading analytical instrumentation companies,
Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields
of research and development. All our systems and instruments are
designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market
and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life.
We ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50
years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working
on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all
Bruker BioSpin seeks an MRI Applications Scientist to join the
Bruker BioSpin Pre-Clinical Imaging Division based in our
Billerica, MA headquarters. This is a new opportunity for an
Imaging Scientist with in-vivo imaging technology experience
involving procedures working with small rodents, specifically with
Applications Scientists perform:
* instrument demonstrations,
* in house and on site customer and sales force training,
* in house and on site customer and sales force support,
* create protocols and optimizing methods.
* assist in the production of manuals, marketing materials and
* assist in trade shows and conferences
* maintain the instruments in the demo laboratory in peak
Also performs or assists in training sessions, both in house and in
customer laboratories. Training can include class room teaching and
hands on instrument training,
Provide customer support which includes phone support, email
support, applications hotline, and travel to customer laboratories
for on-site support.
Perform and assist in the production of manuals marketing materials
and other documentation.
Monthly reporting of activities, participating in internal training
and users meeting to keep knowledge current, maintenance of MRI lab
equipment, occasional field service of customer equipment,
installation of equipment, training of customers, running
demonstrations for potential customers, representing the company at
conference and trade show exhibits, traveling for these activities
including some international travel, submitting expense reports,
assisting with marketing material preparation.
Perform other duties as required.
* M.S. or Ph.D. in the following areas is a prerequisite for this
position. Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics, Molecular Biology,
Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering.
* At least 5 years' direct experience in a small animal imaging
laboratory and/or in a company providing small animal imaging
equipment. Experience with MRI imaging systems required.
* Excellent communications skills in oral and written English, must
be able to write at an advanced scientific level. Knowledge of
foreign languages helpful.
* Excellent verbal, written, computer, technical, and proposal
communication and presentation skills, including fluent English,
advanced MS Office Suite proficiency.Specific knowledge of the
operating software for BioSpec MRI systems desirable.
* Proven strength in troubleshooting skills with customer-centric
and scientific thinking and teaching skills required.
* Proven ability to educate new users about MRI imaging systems.
Animal handling (rodents) experience for setting up in-vivo
experiments is preferred.
* Ability to safely operate hand tools for the set up and repair of
electro-mechanical equipment, especially MRI imaging systems. Image
assessment for QA activities related to common MRI based hardware
or software errors.
* Proven ability to safely lift up to 30 lbs.
* Valid Driver License in good standing, issued by resident state
* U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
* Maintain a valid passport with flexibility for travel.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits
package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays,
and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control
laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions
will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in
light of export control restrictions.
Keywords: Bruker Corporation, Billerica , MRI Application Scientist - Bruker BioSpin Pre-Clinical Imaging, Healthcare , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!