Account Manager, Pharma/BioPharma - Boston Area
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Account Manager, Pharma/BioPharma - Boston Area
US-MA-Boston Area - US-MA-Billerica
# of Openings
Full Time/Part Time
As one of the world's leading analytical instrumentation companies,
Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields
of research and development. All our systems and instruments are
designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market
and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life.
We've been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50
years now. Today, worldwide more than 7,000 employees are working
on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all
continents. Bruker Scientific is searching for a seasoned Account
Manager to support Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry sales growth in
the Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical industry in the
Boston/Cambridge area. This position will be based in the Boston
Area. The objectives include acceleration of sales and pipeline
development, tracking and timely engagement with emerging
(stealth-mode) business opportunities, identification, and
penetration of new accounts, positioning, and promotion of Bruker
Mass Spectrometry solutions. Estimated travel is typically >
- Drive growth of life science mass
spectrometry sales within the Pharma and BioPharma market toward an
annual sales quota.
- Identify and map target accounts in your territory, develop and
execute account penetration and development plans.
- Generate and develop new sales opportunities as part of
continued pipeline development for the region.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly activity reports,
sales forecasts, and pipeline growth reports.
- Meets or exceeds assigned territory sales target by maintaining
& growing sales in current accounts and identifying & closing
business in new accounts.
- Accurately forecasts prospects through the sales cycle.
Maintains balance & list of prospects that reflects sales targets.
Interprets customer needs & identify BDAL solutions. Builds &
articulates BDAL value proposition. Understands customer decision
making process, and key decision makers & influencers.
- Provides sales territory information, forecasts, reports, and
other business data through the BDAL management structure.
- Completes a business plan for the assigned territory detailing
specific strategies and activities required to achieve goals.
- Identifies & works with internal resources to enhance customer
interaction through sales process.Secondary Responsibilities:
- Maintains & enhances sales skills through technical & sales
- Develops & maintains territory database.
- Maintains & enhances technical knowledge on Bruker Scientific
products, company literature & information, and competition.
- Maintains knowledge to discuss commercial contract terms.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry/biochemistry or equivalent
- Minimum of five years' sales experience in related industry,
with demonstrated success, required.
- Essential to have experience with contact management database
software, and MS Office. Must be able to learn new software
packages, e.g. Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify, break into new accounts, present, and
promote Bruker solutions to a variety of prospects and
- Ability to set priorities, develop and execute plans in a
rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent communications skills needed to work with a wide
variety of knowledge levels with customers of differing
backgrounds, and within Bruker (e.g., management, service
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and organization
- Ability to decide priorities in a rapidly changing commercial
- Must be able to maintain home office with telephone lines and
computer connectivity. Must have flexibility, ability to prioritize
and manage differing time constraints: time management is
- In depth Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical industry
- Self-motivation is essential as is a willingness to work with
others toward a shared goal.
- Willingness and ability to travel as extensive travel is
required. Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive
benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation,
holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable). Bruker is a
federal contractor and subject to Executive Order 14042. Under
Executive Order 14042, all employees must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 (with limited exceptions for those employees who
are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a
sincerely held religious belief). You will need to provide proof of
vaccination by submitting a copy of your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination
Record Card to Bruker, or obtain a religious or medical exemption,
as a condition of employment. Bruker is an equal opportunity
employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status,
and other protected characteristics. Certain positions at Bruker
require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all
interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened
pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export
Keywords: Bruker, Billerica , Account Manager, Pharma/BioPharma - Boston Area, Executive , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!