Sales Account Manager, SPR
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Sales Account Manager, SPR
# of Openings
Full Time/Part Time
Corporation acquired Sierra Sensors as of June 2018 to expand its
real-time, label-free detection portfolio for pharma and biopharma
drug discovery. Sierra Sensors, now Bruker SPR develops and
manufactures innovative analytical biosensors based on Surface
Plasmon Resonance (SPR) detection. Driven by patented technologies
in the areas of SPR detection and microfluidic sample delivery,
Sierra instruments are setting a new standard in high-throughput
and high-performance label-free analysis. Bruker SPR (Sierra
Sensors) began operations in 2006 with offices in Hamburg, Germany
and in Rhode Island, USA. With many years of experience in the
analytical biosensor industry, it has been the mission of the
management team to advance real-time array SPR by integrating
highest quality label-free detection with cutting-edge technologies
for sample delivery, sensor design, automation and software. The
highly innovative systems of Bruker SPR (Sierra Sensors) in
combination with the long-standing experience of Bruker Corporation
and its sales network will add great value for scientists in life
science. This role will include the responsibility to further
develop and execute the US sales strategy for Bruker SPR. The job
holder will conduct analysis of opportunities in the target market
and develop business with pharma, biotech companies and academia.
This is a remote position that is ideally located in the New
England area and near Boston. Consideration will be given to strong
candidates who may be located in the mid-Atlantic region or the US
and near a major airport.
- Meets or exceeds assigned territory
sales target by maintaining & growing applied market sales in
current accounts, and identifying & closing business in new
- Accurately forecasts prospects through sales cycle. Maintains
balance & list of prospects that reflects sales targets and tracks
this in CRM. Interprets customer needs to identify the best
solution. Builds & articulates a strong value proposition.
Understands customer decision making process, and key decision
makers & influencers.
- Cultivates key accounts / key opinion leaders.
- Provides sales territory information, forecasts, reports and
other business data through the BDAL management structure.
- Completes a business plan for the assigned territory detailing
specific strategies and activities required to achieve goals.
- Identifies & works with internal resources to enhance customer
interaction through sales process.Secondary Responsibilities:
- Maintains & enhances sales skills through technical & sales
- Develops & maintains territory opportunities in the Sales CRM
- Maintains & enhances technical knowledge on Bruker SPR
products, company literature & information, and competition.
- Maintains knowledge to discuss commercial contract terms.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in chemistry/biochemistry or
equivalent scientific degree
- 5 plus years of experience in sales in life science /
- Background in instrumental analytics
- Customer focused - effective communicator
- Sales-driven individual
- Ability to successfully influence clients at all levels, from
department heads to peers
- Well-organized with ability to effectively prioritize in a
rapidly changing commercial environment
- Strong verbal and written English is a prerequisite
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Essential to have experience with contact management database
software (eg Salesforce CRM or SFDC), and MS OfficeBruker is a
federal contractor and subject to Executive Order 14042. Under
Executive Order 14042, all employees must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 (with limited exceptions for those employees who
are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a
sincerely held religious belief). You will need to provide proof of
vaccination by submitting a copy of your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination
Record Card to Bruker, or obtain a religious or medical exemption,
as a condition of employment.
Keywords: Bruker, Billerica , Sales Account Manager, SPR, Executive , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!