Sr. Strategy Manager, Specialty Carbons - Hybrid
Company: Cabot Corporation
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Your Role at Cabot:Cabot Corporation is seeking Sr Strategy
Managers to join the Performance Additives organization supporting
the specialty carbons (SC) business unit.
The Sr Strategy Manager defines and implements overall global
strategic plans and Long-Range Plans (LRP) for Business Units (BU)
as well as leads the development of BU specific organic, M&A,
and sustainability projects. Additionally, these roles report to
Segment VP of Strategy and Marketing with dotted line reporting
relationship to BU General Manager.
This is a position is based in the Billerica, MA office, but
participates in the current Flexible Work Arrangement/hyrbid
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Lead BU strategy activities, including sustainability strategy,
and own BU's long-range plan (LRP)
- Analyze upstream and downstream industry landscapes, market
trends, industry growth drivers, and competitive activity.
Incorporate insights from this analysis into BU strategy
- Lead the development of business cases for BU-specific organic
projects including expansions and debottlenecking projects, and
assist in long-term contractual negotiations
- Lead high-priority business growth and transformation
- Act as business partner to BU commercial teams on high-impact
and/or strategic negotiations
- Develop and implement BU inorganic strategy and drive M&A
and partnership activities for BU by working with key internal and
external stakeholders to deliver desired outcomesWhat You Will
Bring to Cabot:
- Bachelor/University degree required (science, engineering, or
finance disciplines preferred).
- 10+ years' experience in business with focus in business
management, corporate planning, strategic planning, strategic
marketing, or M&A is required.
- Experience in B2B chemicals, materials, or manufacturing
- Experience leading strategic projects, strategic planning
process, M&A and/or strategic marketing is required.
- Demonstrated experience working and leading teams globally and
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Technical Applications Knowledge. Knowledgeable about Cabot's
technical capabilities and applications and how they complement
performance of customer.
- Analytical Ability & Financial Acumen. Ability to identify and
analyze what is important and recognize depth of analysis needed.
Ability to interpret and synthesize issues to draw conclusions.
Knowledgeable of policies, practices, trends, and information
affecting the business; adept at building and interpreting
- Communications & Presentation Skills. Ability to engage in all
internal and external presentation settings in a manner that is
timely, relevant, and appropriate to the environment.
- Organizational & Interpersonal Engagement. Ability to work in
close alignment with people from other functions and
influence/engage others to address issues, resolve conflicts.
- Project Ownership & Management. Ability to take ownership for
ensuring desired outcome of project and establish and monitor
milestones towards objectives.
- Strategic Agility. Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future
consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and
perspective; is future oriented; can articulate possibilities and
create breakthrough plans
- Dealing with Ambiguity. Can effectively cope with change; can
shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the
total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't
have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk
- Priority Setting. Spends their time and the time of others on
what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the
trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder
accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates
Keywords: Cabot Corporation, Billerica , Sr. Strategy Manager, Specialty Carbons - Hybrid, Executive , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!