Company: BTU International
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Job summaryThe Quality Manager main focal point is managing the
organization's Quality Management System (QMS). The Manager will
take on the lead role in the qualification, performance-monitoring,
and quality technology deployment in the supply chain and
production environment, including involvement in design reviews and
engineering releases as appropriate. -The Manager establishes,
compiles, produces, and analyzes quality reports to discern quality
levels and implement corrective action as appropriate required by
the quality management system. In addition, the Manager
Participates and/or facilitates project teams, maintain and drive
changes to the quality management system. The Manager represents
the organization as the ISO representative and guides senior
leadership with respect to strategic/tactical quality management
system changes and develop quality standards and requirements for
suppliers in conjunction with the purchasing, engineering,
production, and manufacturing engineering departments.Essential
duties and responsibilities
- Manage the organizational Quality Management System (QMS), (ISO
- Qualify suppliers through on-site surveys and other research
means and perform periodic supplier audits.
- Facilitate the supplier rating system, communicate quality
levels, and target improvement activities.
- Management Review Board representative for Quality. This
includes subsequent investigations and initiating corrective
- Lead role in determining first article inspections and driving
associated follow-up activities.
- Interface with the shop floor personnel and others regarding
issues associated with supplied product.
- Establish/facilitate inspection and measurement systems
including procedure development, specification interpretation,
statistical sampling, and statistical quality as applicable, both
within BTU and at the supplier/vendor.
- Guide senior leadership through changes that affect the quality
- Strictly adhere to all BTU safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.Skills and knowledge
- Understanding of ISO9001 and other industry standards
associated with quality program requirements.
- Interpersonal and technical skills to lead suppliers toward
achievement of Quality products.
- Familiar with SQC, SPC, FMEA, DOE, process flow charting, risk
analysis, and other related Quality technologies.
- Familiar with capital equipment manufacturing practices.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication methods, HMI systems, mechanical
drive systems, and mechanical/electrical control systems.
- Materials science background for high temperature materials
(composites, ceramics, glass, plastics).
- Understanding of electronic, software, and mechanical
- Proficient on PC desktop applications, MS Office, Visio,
Minitab or similar SPC software.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, Epicor preferred.
- Experience in leading improvement teams.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills, with an ability to
interact effectively with all levels of the organization.Education
- Bachelors of Science Degree in a related field, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a
- Strong working knowledge of the ISO 9001 system and or related
- LEAN manufacturing experience.
- Formal training in blueprint reading and/or drawing
- Experience with working with internal audits and ISO lead
Keywords: BTU International, Billerica , QUALITY MANAGER, Executive , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!