Posted on: April 27, 2021
Job Title Manager, EHS Job Family Job Description Nuvera Fuel
Cells, LLC is a manufacturer of heavy-duty, zero-emissions hydrogen
fuel cell stacks and engines for mobility applications. With
facilities located in the U.S. and Europe, Nuvera provides clean,
safe, and efficient products designed to meet the rigorous needs of
industrial vehicles and other transportation markets. Nuvera is a
subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Group, Inc., which designs, engineers,
manufactures, sells, and services a comprehensive line of lift
trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally primarily under the
Hyster-- and Yale-- brand names. Hyster-Yale Group is a wholly
owned subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. (NYSE:HY).
Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. and its subsidiaries,
headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, employ approximately 7,600 people
worldwide. We are seeking a Manager, Environmental, Health & Safety
to join our team. The EHS Manager:
- Manages programs to operate Nuvera's facility and products in a
safe and responsible manner by developing, implementing and
managing the company's Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS)
- Partners with the management team to ensure that a robust,
continuous-improvement based EHS system is in place and managed
effectively for Nuvera's Headquarters and customer sites throughout
- Maintains compliance with all required EHS legal requirements
and responsible for maintaining systems to ensure conformance with
ISO 14001, and OHSAS 45001. Essential Job Responsibilities: Safety
- Implements programs to improve organizational safety culture
and injury prevention.
- Develops and implements EHS compliance programs to maintain
compliance with state and federal requirements including:
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Occupational Safety and
Health Administration (OSHA), and National Fire Protection
Association (NFPA) standards.
- Collaborates with key staff on all facility and lab
installations, ensuring safety guidelines and regulations are met
and all the relevant permits are obtained.
- Leads the Nuvera Emergency Response Team as an incident
commander. Establishes the necessary training, communicates the
emergency plans to the organization, and organizes drills as
- Manages the full life cycle of all accident investigations
including near misses ensuring documentation, reporting, and proper
corrective action. Provides problems solving and root cause
analysis and training. Tracks corrective action for progress and
- Supports the installation of Nuvera products in the field.
Conducts on-site assessments to ensure compliance with local codes
and regulations and the safe installation and use of Nuvera
- Inspect facilities to detect existing safety and health
concerns and hazards and develops corrective actions. Maintains
files and records and submits required reports.
- Leads the organization's safety committee and develops programs
to ensure closure of identified issues through collaboration with
key stakeholders. Environmental & Sustainability
- Manages sampling, testing and inspection programs established
to maintain compliance with environmental permits.
- Manages the generation, storage, and disposal of hazardous
wastes. Leads teams to establish systems to control processes and
implement waste reduction and cost saving opportunities.
- Manages relationships with external authorities, (MASS DEP, EPA
- Leads sustainability and product compliance efforts including
managing social responsibility programs, conflict minerals
reporting, greenhouse gas inventory, and life cycle
- Develops and reports EHS performance metrics to facilitate
- Coordinates with process engineering departments and operations
management to review and revise process procedures, chemicals and
equipment. Analyzes impact of alternatives in terms of employee's
safety, environmental impact, financial impacts, and production
- Plans and presents safety communications to the organization to
foster the highest level of accident prevention.
- Develops and implements training on various environmental,
health and safety topics including: hazard communication, lockout
tagout, industrial hygiene, fall protection, confined space entry,
hazardous waste handling and manifesting and others as required.
- Managing Workers Compensation claims ensuring timely and
- Prepare annual safety financial budget. Have responsibility for
continual tracking of all budget related information.
- Networks with HYG EHS and implements best practices and
measures to standardize EHS. Required Job Qualifications (unless
otherwise noted): Educational Background: Bachelor's degree
required with a concentration in Engineering or Occupational Safety
desired. Master's is a plus. Previous Work Experience 7+ years
relevant engineering experience, Demonstrated presentation and
training experience highly desired. Special Skills, Experience and
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications in a
Windows-based environment is a must
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and compliance standards as well
as other related government safety regulations a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed.
- Ability to multi-task multiple and changing priorities with
proven organizational skills in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience working both independently and part of a team
with a hands-on philosophy required.
- Highly self-motivated individual with the ability,
interpersonal and facilitation skills to work across functional
team boundaries. Able to work effectively with personnel at all
level of the organization Travel Required Periodic travel may be
required. Approximate travel could range from 5% to 25% depending
on business needs. Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
veteran status. Nuvera participates in e-Verify. Job ID 0959
Employment Type Full time Work Hours 40 Travel Required Primary
Location Nuvera US Billerica, MA Address 129 Concord Road Building
1 Zip Code 01821 Field-Based No Relocation Assistance Available No
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit
package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and
profit sharing. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Nuvera, Billerica , Manager, EHS, Executive , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!