Sr. Government Contracts Manager
Company: OSI Systems, Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Rapiscan Systems - AS&E, an OSI Systems Company is seeking a
Senior Government Contracts Manager, based out of Billerica, MA.
AS&E is an industry leader in detection technology, providing
cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports,
borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help
customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration,
and trade fraud. We offer a broad array of scanning system
configurations that leverage low-, medium-, and high-energy X-ray
technology-or multiple X-ray technologies-to address each
customer's unique security application requirements. Our commitment
to excellence in imaging performance, innovative design, and
uncompromising quality ensures our solutions consistently deliver
best-in-class imaging, high reliability, and operator satisfaction,
to help customers find threats and contraband with ease and
confidence. As a Senior Government Contracts Manager, you will
develop and administer US Government contracts and subcontract
agreements with limited guidance. The Senior Government Contracts
Manager also tracks, creates and maintains contract data
requirements and deliverables. The candidate will have business
skills/expertise in administration and supervision of federal
government contracts and subcontracts of varying size and
complexity, GSA Schedules, analysis of complex bid and proposal
tenders, a thorough working knowledge of the FAR/DFARS, and the
ability to interact with customers and lead contract negotiations.
The candidate will interact regularly with senior and executive
management on matters concerning several functional areas,
divisions, and/or customers and therefore must be able to
- Administer complex US Government contracts and work with
business stakeholders on a daily basis to ensure contractual
actions, including proposals with the Sales and Bids/Proposal teams
are delivered on time.
- Supports the Bids and Proposals team in providing contract
analysis and review of RFPs and other competitive US Government
- Work with business stakeholders, functional counterparts, and
customers to resolve contractual issues.
- Daily administration of complex commercial and U.S. Government
contracts and prime contractor issued subcontracts of various
types, to include FFP, T&M, all Cost-type contracts, IDIQs,
- Review of contractual documents and negotiation of terms and
Analyze contractual requirements, special provisions, terms and
conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations,
and company policies and procedures.
- Prepare and administer correspondence, negotiation memoranda,
supporting documents, and contract documentation to ensure timely
and coordinated submittal.
- Interact daily with Senior and Executive Management, Program
Managers, Contracting Officers, Program Controllers and other
- Communicate contract policy and practice to internal business
- Provide expert support services to business units including,
but not limited to, the application of FAR flowdown clauses,
regulations, data rights, intellectual property rights, Buy
American Act, Trade Agreement Act, and other regulations.
- Ensure contract review, approval and execution in accordance
with corporate policies and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain and track internal contractual deadlines, redistribute
incoming and outgoing tasks to respective Contracts Department team
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information.
- Act as custodian of contractual and program records for
- Handle confidential and non-routine information.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior-level Contracts
Department staff on a regular basis.
- Review solicitations and responses for proposals, bids, and
contract modifications. Activities include analysis of solicitation
requirements, terms and conditions, payment terms, identification
and mitigation of risks, and contract negotiation.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company's Code of
Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their
manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or
defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to
avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Uphold the company's core values of Integrity, Innovation,
Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the
needs of the business.
- Ensure that direct report(s) are trained and evaluated on their
knowledge and adherence to the company's values, Code of Ethics and
Conduct, and applicable compliance policies.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 9+ years of contract management experience, including a full
range of commercial and U.S. Government contract and subcontract
types including CPFF, FFP, T&M, IDIQs, CRADAs, etc.
- Experience working with U.S. Government agencies, including
DHS, DOE and DoD, as well as large prime Government
- Must have strong background and knowledge of the Federal
Acquisition Regulation (FAR), GSA Schedules and other associated
supplemental contracting regulations (e.g., DFARS).
- Excellent communication and writing skills with both internal
and external customers.
- Thorough knowledge of all appropriate ethical standards
regarding contracting actions.
- Experience working with a Product Manufacturing Company
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of commercial contract terms and
- Must have the ability to make sound business judgments, handle
multiple contractual activities with a short turn-around time, and
work independently as well as part of a team.
- Highly motivated, problem solving and detail oriented with the
ability to communicate effectively, solve problems and create
trusting relationships with both internal and external clients in
quick turn-around environment.
- Must have experience in solicitation analysis, risk assessment,
cost proposal development, contract negotiation, and issue
- Candidate must be able to prioritize multiple tasks with
- Must be able to complete job responsibilities working with
different time zone needs such as attending late night/early
morning meetings by phone and/or web to meet business needs; travel
- DOD Secret (S) clearance or eligibility to obtain a security
clearance required. NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES OSI Systems,
Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively "OSI") does not accept
unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. If any
person or entity, including a recruiter or agency, submits any
information, including any resume or information regarding any
potential candidate, without a signed agreement in place with OSI,
OSI explicitly reserves the right to use such information, and
pursue and/or hire such candidates, without any financial
obligation to the person, recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited
information or resumes, including those submitted directly to
hiring managers, are considered and deemed to be the property of
OSI. Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability & Veteran EEO is the
Law Poster Link:
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security,
providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security
screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing
patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems;
and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized
electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for
original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense,
aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.
Keywords: OSI Systems, Inc., Billerica , Sr. Government Contracts Manager, Executive , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!