Principal Embedded Engineer
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Who We Are Our work matters - robotics is transforming the world
of commerce. Every day our intelligent robots are responsible for
getting food and merchandise to thousands of stores across North
America. We're an industry changer - we created the first and only
fully autonomous, end-to-end supply chain solution. Today, we are
driving towards even bigger ideas - and we have the people,
technology and leadership to fully realize these aspirations. We
have theexcitement and ambition of a startup with the benefits and
resources of a proven organization. What You'll DoThe Principal
Embedded Engineer will be part of team that designs and develops a
state-of-the-art safety system within our automation solution. This
role lives within our Bot Controls team and plays a critical role
in delivering a robust safety system that allows our system to run
safely and efficiently. In This Role
- Design and develop software strategies for near real time
environments in C++.
- Implement object-oriented software using up-to-date programming
- Implement, document and maintain Linux and embedded real- time
code and shell scripts (PERL, Bash, Python).
- Understand, document and maintain existing code (C/C++, some
- Support system testing of components and subsystems.
- Troubleshoot system problems in production or design by
investigating issues related to product performance or production
difficulties, primarily through log analysis.
- Evaluate and process engineering change requests.What You'll
- Minimum of 12+ years of professional experience developing real
time embedded software and device drivers. Familiarity with
networking protocols and control systems.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in a related engineering
discipline ( i.e. Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical
- The qualified candidate must have experience with Object
Oriented design using C++. C++ coding skills and design pattern,
suitable for real time environments.
- Experience with software process and version control
- Strong background in Linux shell scripting (especially Python
and bash ), familiarity with grep, regex and parsing; and file
system command line utilities.
- In-depth knowledge of real time or embedded operating systems (
e.g.,VxWorks , FreeRTOS , SafeRTOS ) and threading and
communication issues related to real time operating systems (for
mobile robotics or control systems would be ideal).
- POSIX multi-threading (thread priority, thread arbitration),
synchronization mechanisms (mutexes, semaphores), shared memory,
event and signal handling, and inter-process communications.
- Low level communication protocols and sockets implementations,
UDP, TCP/IP, TCP/NFS, and related alignment and packing
- Experience with programming and debugging for
- Expert level communication (oral and written) and documentation
skills; must be comfortable explaining complex software systems and
- Understanding of functional safety and safety programming is a
- Exposure to robotics and control systems , especially for
mobile robot applications.
- Open to travel - 15-20%#LI-PG1#LI-HybridAbout SymboticSymbotic
is an automation technology leader reimagining the supply chain
with its end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software platform.
Symbotic reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for the
world's largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage companies.
Applying next-gen technology, high-density storage and machine
learning to solve today's complex distribution challenges, Symbotic
enables companies to move goods with unmatched speed, agility,
accuracy and efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the Symbotic
platform transforms the flow of goods and the economics of supply
chain for its customers. For more information, visit
www.symbotic.com .We are a community of innovators, collaborators
and pioneers who embrace our differences, because we know unique
perspectives make us stronger and smarter. Every perspective
matters. We depend on the collective voices of our employees,
customers and community to help guide us as we build a better place
to work - for you and the world. That's why we're proud to be an
equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race,
color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability,
gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic
Keywords: Symbotic, Billerica , Principal Embedded Engineer, Engineering , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...