Company: Peoplelink Staffing Solutions
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Peoplelink Staffing has partnered with a leading manufacturer in
Billerica, MA to hire a Manufacturing Engineer on direct hire
basis. The manufacturer provides parts to customers that enable
them to bring their most life-enriching new products to the world.
Manufacturing Engineer Job Summary:The Manufacturing Engineer will
Design, integrate, and improve manufacturing processes in die
casting, machining, assembly and finishing operations though
continuous improvement. Duties and Responsibilities: --- Apply
continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to
enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
--- Design and develop manufacturing procedures, tooling, and
fixtures to meet customer needs while also promotes product
quality, process efficiency and operator safety. --- Utilize Lean,
Six Sigma and other best practice tools and principles for
day-to-day problem solving and continuous improvement. --- Manage
suppliers and vendors using best practices in keeping within time
and budget. --- Use Solidworks to evaluate parts, design fixturing
and create part prints. --- Responsible for supporting process
development of all new projects. --- Develop required work
instructions for all manufacturing processes to aid operators. ---
Perform dimensional analysis; implement corrective actions to
improve dimensional capability. Good understanding of casting
tolerances and GD&T. --- Collaborate with process engineers,
supervisor, and engineers to troubleshoot all production issues.
--- Use measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, etc. to
obtain information from existing dies and tooling for repair,
review, reverse engineering, etc. --- Review and implement ECN
activities. --- Establish close and positive working relationship
with other departments. --- Excited to share a work environment
that includes office and manufacturing plant floor. --- Reviews
design with customer and obtains all necessary design approvals
from customer. --- Provides technical support for Customers, Sales,
Programming, Quality Control, Assembly, Machining, Shop Floor and
Vendors. --- Some travel to customer facilities may be required.
--- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical, Manufacturing or Materials
- Proficiency in 3D modeling with Solidworks or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
- Understanding of GD&T.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross functional
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30lbs,
frequently lift and/or move up to 10lbs.
- Minimum 1 year experience in the manufacturing
- Work Schedule:
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday
- Occasional Saturdays based on business needs Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401 (K) with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Education advancement bonuses
- Annual bonus opportunities
- Relocation assistance available
- 3 weeks PTO which starts on first day.
Keywords: Peoplelink Staffing Solutions, Billerica , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!