Plastics Process Engineer
Company: Nova Biomedical
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Nova Biomedical is hiring a Plastics Process Engineer who will
have total responsibility for developing injection molding process
parameters for new and existing molds within Nova's in-house
molding department. As the Process Engineer you will also provide
guidance and oversight on mold repairs and maintenance, processing
issues, establishing best practices, and positioning the department
for future expansion and success. This position is both technical
and hands on.
More specific responsibilities will include:
- Using Scientific Molding and other best practices, develop the
injection molding parameters for new and existing molds within the
- Create and execute mold validations on an as needed basis.
- Provide daily technical direction and support to mold operators
and mold technicians within the in-house molding department.
- Establish short term projects and be a mentor for the
department Plastic Engineering co-ops.
- Provide guidance and oversee mold repairs, refurbishment, and
revisions to existing tooling. Provide support to Nova's mold
designers on new mold development as needed.
- Technical point of contact for all external material suppliers
to the molding operation.
- Lead the assessment, evaluation and selection of injection
molding machines and ancillary equipment as required. Technical
point of contact for external suppliers of equipment to the molding
- Apply experience and knowledge toward department organization
and layout as needed.
- Provide plastics Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA)
and other technical assistance to internal engineering departments
- Review externally sourced designs and machined designs for
internal molding opportunities.
- Develop and/or revise Operational Procedures (Ops) and
Engineering Change Control (ECO) routings related to molds,
injection molding operation, quality control, safety, best
practices and more.
- BS Plastics Engineering or equivalent curriculum is
- MS Plastics Engineering a plus.
- 3+ years of experience running an injection molding machine,
establishing process parameters using Scientific Molding principles
- Hands on plastics process development experience using
Scientific Molding (decoupled II molding) practices. Master Molder
I certification preferred.
- Master Molder II is a plus.
- Confidence in oneself having the ability to work independently
at times including solving mold and processing issues.
Keywords: Nova Biomedical, Billerica , Plastics Process Engineer, Engineering , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!