Senior Application Support Engineer
Company: Alert Innovation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Alert Innovation is seeking a talented and motivated individual to
become part of the Alert Network Operation Center (NOC) team to
support the Alphabot System at customer sites. This job will
require a unique combination of flexibility, troubleshooting,
analysis, creativity, and leadership skills to be effective in this
role. As part of this highly visible NOC team, candidates will have
the opportunity to work with cross-functional teams to influence
future Alphabot products and technologies.
The ideal candidate has strong problem solving, great communication
and interpersonal skills and enjoys learning new things and willing
to work through the details to get things done. The position will
also require reviewing existing processes and develop strategies to
automate and enhance triage process. The candidate will use his or
her data analytics skills to deep dive to determine underlying root
causes impacting system performance.
What Will You Do?
- Work with Site Operations Teams to provide technical guidance
and troubleshoot day to day operational challenges as per the
- Lead the escalation call to mitigate system issue and reduce
- Collaborate with Software, Hardware and System Performance
Engineering teams to problem-solve critical software production
- Provide on-call coverage as per the coverage schedule.
- Develop training documentation and mentor other team
- Drive the development of automation tools to reduce failures
and manual task execution, therefore improving overall application
performance and availability.
- Resolve critical incidents/problems and fluently applies
escalation and notification procedures to leadership.
- Document specific techniques for incident/problem resolution
that will enable proactive system management.
- Own and drive Root Case Analysis (RCA) on complex system
- Perform data analytics and develop dashboards to support triage
- Collect voice of the customer feedback and share with
leadership and product teams.
What Are We Looking For?
- Strong Technical problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Scripting and using Python.
- Knowledge and experience with using Linux/Unix
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple high-priority tasks
- Ability to lead complex technical discussions with a variety of
groups, including Software and Systems Engineering, Operations, and
- BS/MS degree in Comp Science or related software field.
- Advance scripting, programming, and coding skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience resolving complex issues in creative, efficient, and
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Knowledge of setting up Databases and using Data
- Development of Monitoring Dashboard Development.
- Experience with Knowledge-based systems (KBS).
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau or
- B.S. in Engineering.
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as
part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as
she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and
depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in
a company is important, and the performance of the entire company
can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her
full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified
exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team
create performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as a
team is much greater than the sum of the individual members
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as
we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it
better. This core value manifests itself through questioning,
probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving,
listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It
also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as
self-examination and self-honesty.
What Do We Offer?
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for each job
family and level within the Boston-area market in which we are
Every employee is granted stock options that vest over four
Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package starting on
your first date of employment:
- No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off
for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need
keeping in mind the demands of your teams workload.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K + company
- Tuition & work-related training reimbursement programs.
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health,
parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal and financial consultation
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits and is not
meant to be a comprehensive explanation. To hear more, please
Alert Innovation offers a safe work environment for its employees
and partners. All employees, contractors, interns, and visitors are
required to be fully vaccinated. Additional COVID precautions, such
as wearing face masks, hand washing, and hand sanitizing are also
common practice in all Alert Innovation facilities. We are a
flexible work environment and offer on-site and hybrid work
schedules based on team requirements.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate
based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status
as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability,
or other applicable legally protected characteristics.by
Keywords: Alert Innovation, Billerica , Senior Application Support Engineer, Engineering , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!