Senior BIM Site Design Engineer
Company: Alert Innovation
Posted on: January 8, 2022
At Alert Innovation, we are a diverse, driven, and creative team of
design professionals and servant leaders working daily to design
systems and facilities that are changing the world of customer
fulfillment. We're seeking an innovative Building Information
Management (BIM) Design Leader to support the programming and
coordination of system designs and their integration with facility
systems for customer fulfillment programs. The successful candidate
will be supporting the cross-functional team responsible for
setting Alert Innovations design criteria and system design
templates/configurations that govern the design of these
technologically advanced solutions.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a track record of leading
internal and outsourced teams (third-party architects to supplement
our own team capacity, architects of record from the client) in an
extremely fast-paced environment that has a high degree of
ambiguity. The candidate has a deep passion for developing and
implementing innovative BIM processes across a fast-paced team.
This candidate will be expected to engage with other Alert
Innovation stakeholders, including Alert Innovations Applications
Engineering, Alert Innovations Installation/Construction, and Alert
Innovations Deployment Teams to develop a comprehensive,
coordinated program workflow. The candidate will also interface
with the client and client subcontractors using design coordination
methods. Key focuses of this workflow will include requirements
management, 3D visualization, design development, design
coordination, and clash detection at early project stages.
Knowledge of RFI construction processes is a plus. Outstanding
project management, time management, and communication skills, both
written and verbal, are required.
What will you do?
- Lead BIM-related activities for Alert Innovation (Alert) design
teams. This includes incorporating BIM documentation for Alert
program template request for proposal, leading BIM Kickoffs,
creating content creation plans and reviewing models at interim
milestones for best practices and compliance to Alert BIM
- Create and update Revit native parametric families in support
of system design development.
- Initiate and develop advanced BIM and technology uses relative
to specific programs.
- Develop technology roadmaps and integrate these new tools into
- Develop strategic system solutions, including building
interfaces, which meet or exceed our quality requirements and drive
value engineering and standardization across all aspects of the
- Provide guidance, education, and support to the strategic
application of BIM and Innovative design technologies both inside
and external to Alert.
- Facilitate the use of BIM tools for workshops that drive
alignment on key issues for new system designs and initiatives to
drive the associate experience, operational efficiency, and
reduction of first and lifecycle costs.
- Support a multidisciplinary team that is creating sustainable,
efficient, economical, and standardized customer fulfillment and
logistics building designs in North America and beyond as Alert
- Direct third-party architects, engineers, and designers
responsible for creating the building design templates and
supporting model content for customer fulfillment and logistics
- Coordinate and collaborate with a wide variety of internal
operations, design, and engineering stakeholders to increase the
efficiency and efficacy of the building design program.
- Support Bluebeam and BIM360 design reviews, and execute BIM360
features and workflows as necessary to drive adoption from Alert,
and its stakeholder teams.
- Be a mentor to firms and internal teams by providing guidance,
feedback, quality assurance/quality control, and direction on
modeling and delivery methodologies.
- Support workshops that drive alignment on key issues for new
system designs and initiatives to drive the associate experience,
operational efficiency, and reduction of first and lifecycle
- Provide project support for operations network buildings
including fulfillment, sortation, and/or last-mile facilities.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of experience in architecture and program
- Demonstrated expertise in software programs for Revit,
Bluebeam, BIM360, Navisworks AutoCAD, Dynamo and Microsoft Office
- Building design & construction project management experience
from programming, design, construction, and operations including
project planning for scope, schedule, and costs
- Proven experience implementing and managing a building design
program including development of templates (aka prototypes),
technical specifications, and design standards
- Parametric design experience and expertise
- Hands-on servant leader with a practical approach to solving
- Bachelors degree in architecture or engineering OR equivalent
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as
part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as
she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and
depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in
a company is important, and the performance of the entire company
can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her
full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified
exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team
creates performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as a
team is much greater than the sum of the individual members
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as
we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it
better. This core value manifests itself through questioning,
probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving,
listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It
also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as
self-examination and self-honesty.
What do we offer?
Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package starting on
their first date of employment
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for every job
in the Boston-area market in which we are based. Every employee is
granted stock options that vest over four years.
- No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off
for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need
keeping in mind the demands of your teams workload.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K + company
- Tuition & work-related training reimbursement programs.
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health,
parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal, and financial consultation
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits and is not
meant to be a comprehensive explanation. To hear more, please
Alert Innovation offers a safe work environment for its employees
and partners. All employees, contractors, interns, and visitors are
required to be fully vaccinated. Additional COVID precautions, such
as wearing face masks, hand washing, and hand sanitizing are also
common practices in all Alert Innovation facilities. We are a
flexible work environment and offer on-site and hybrid work
schedules based on team requirements.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate
based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status
as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability,
or other applicable legally protected characteristics.by
Keywords: Alert Innovation, Billerica , Senior BIM Site Design Engineer, Engineering , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!