Company: Lexington Medical, Inc
Posted on: February 24, 2021
As a Mechanical Engineer at Lexington Medical, you'll design and
automate highly complex miniaturized, precision mechatronics to
create a best in class surgical devices. Our ideal candidate will
embrace working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and collaborative
environment; be a self-starter, independent, results-oriented team
player with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and
deadlines including shifting priorities. if you enjoy wearing many
hats and are looking to have an immediate impact, this job might be
exactly the opportunity you've been looking for!
What you'll do:
- Design and develop creative solutions for innovative medical
- Select and evaluate components and materials
- Develop 3D CAD models for parts and assemblies
- Perform mechanical testing of the product
- Review drawings and models from other engineers
- Provide simulations, models, and engineering characterizations
to ensure proper product performance and reliability
- Document development activities through schedules, lab
notebook, patents, design history file, technical reports and other
- Optimize designs for manufacturability and facilitate the
transfer of the design to manufacturing
- Perform concept development, prototyping, testing, analysis and
- Improve current and future designs, manufacturing speed,
quality and cost
What you'll bring to the table:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering from a top school, with an
- 2+ years of work experience.
- Medical device design experience preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of 3D CAD tools (SolidWorks
- Experience designing precision, miniaturized mechanical
products utilizing injection molded plastics, 3D printing, CNC
machining, laser cutting and welding, and precision metal
- Demonstrated theoretical and practical Mechanical Engineering
- Exceptional technical zeal, problem-solving skills and
- Mechanical aptitude to use experimental engineering techniques
in the lab.
- Demonstrated motivation, curiosity and creativity.
About our Company: Lexington Medical is a successful, growing
venture-backed medical device company, manufacturing
minimally-invasive surgical stapling solutions. With the highest
standards in design engineering and smart manufacturing, our team
delivers disruptive innovation to health care providers which
improves surgical outcomes for their patients in a thriving $5B+
Surgical Stapler market. Our recruiting philosophy is centered on
hiring highly-talented individuals who are looking to have a major
impact and ultimately make a real difference in the lives of
millions of patients worldwide.
Keywords: Lexington Medical, Inc, Billerica , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!