S&T ETL Engineering Technician
Posted on: May 24, 2020
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop
market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance
everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a
real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue
people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate
safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and
want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Environmental Test Laboratory (ETL) Engineering Technican will
report to the Lead Qualification Test Engineer of the Systems and
Technology department. The Technician will work under general
supervision and be responsible for equipment and performing testing
in the Environmental Test and EMI Laboratories. In addition to
testing, the technician will be supporting the development and
maintenance of new/existing test fixtures and procedures. Attention
to detail, documentation of work efforts, and effective
communicating are important parts of this job role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain day-to-day operations of the ETL and EMI laboratories
by operating thermal chambers, vibration, power, electrical, and
other test equipment safely and properly
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on test equipment, as
- Assist engineering, quality, and manufacturing by performing
testing in the ETL or EMI labs on prototype, sub-assembly, or
system level assets. Document test setups including capturing data
as appropriate for the test being conducted
- Ensure test equipment is calibrated and maintain a monthly
- Follow and continue to refine 6S (5S +1) of labs
- Provide support to all product qualification testing (on-site
or off-site), as requested
- Provide feedback for additional designs and/or purchases of
test equipment, tooling, fixturing, and instrumentation to improve
test lab capability
- Assist ENV and EMI engineers with Qualification testing at 3rd
party labs when requested
- Work with ENV/EMI/Quality teams to develop processes for A2LA
certification. Maintain certification by following and refining
established processes and support A2LA audits
- Assist other members of the S&T Engineering group with test
setups, execution, lab maintenance, and documentation as
- Work with absolute commitment to corporate goals. Adhere fully
to corporate strategies, policies, schedules and budgets
- Associates Degree in a technical field and 2-3 years related
experience or a minimum of 5 years as a technician in a similar
- Ability to work effectively with all technical professionals;
technicians, engineers, scientists and consultants with strong
organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work from verbal instructions and work on several
projects simultaneously is required.
- Must be proficient in the use of windows-based Office
applications such as Outlook,Word, & Excel.
- Must be proficient and have a working knowledge of
electrodynamic shakers, general ED control software (Shock, Random,
Sine), climatic chambers (Temperature and Humidity),
accelerometers, thermocouples, humidity probes, etc.
- General knowledge of MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, Ingress
Protection, and other general test standards is ideal but not
- Demonstrated good writing skills and attention to detail is a
- Must be willing to travel locally for hands on testing of
production / qualification equipment when requested.
- Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability and willingness to travel to local or out-of-state test
facilities as needed (
- US Citizenship Required.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business
with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to
comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory
orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as
important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now
Keywords: FLIR, Billerica , S&T ETL Engineering Technician, Engineering , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!