Posted on: May 26, 2023
# of Openings
Full Time/Part Time
As one of the world's leading analytical instrumentation companies,
Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields
of research and development. All our systems and instruments are
designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market
and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life.
We've been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 60
years now. Today, worldwide more than 7,500 employees are working
on this permanent challenge, at over 90 locations on all
New opportunity with the Bruker Corporate Finance Team for an
Assistant Corporate Controller. Will serve as a key member of the
Controllership Team and assist the Corporate Controller with
responsibility for leadership and overall execution in managing the
External and Internal Financial Reporting, Technical Accounting,
Internal Controls, Revenue Recognition and Consolidation functions
of the Company.
- Maintain thorough and current
understanding of US GAAP: remains current with emerging accounting,
reporting and disclosure standards. Implements new accounting
pronouncements as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining oversight of internal controls program to
ensure effectively designed and operating internal controls over
- Involvement in overseeing revenue recognition group and
initiate process changes to improve the accuracy of revenue
- Closely interact with Global Controlling Finance Teams,
Regional Shared Services Centers, Treasury, Tax, Financial
Reporting and Planning Teams, including cross functional teams
outside of finance and accounting including Corporate HR, IT,
Internal Audit, external auditors and third-party consultants to
ensure the quality, accuracy and consistency of the financial data
reported in the general ledger and consolidation systems.
- Assist global finance teams with acquisition accounting,
post-acquisition integration including implementation of financial
systems and provide training and guidance on Corporate Accounting
Policies including internal controls compliance requirements.
- Assist with initiating and implementing process changes to
improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Corporate
Accounting and Finance functions.
- Assist with coordinating, facilitating and submission of
relevant audit support documentation to external auditors as it
relates to the completion of quarterly reviews and annual audits of
the Company's consolidated financial statements.
- Provide input to the Company's chart of accounts including
reporting hierarchies to support proper management and external SEC
- Assist with maintenance of a clear, well-coordinated and
efficient closing process.
- Assist with preparing the annual 10K, quarterly 10Qs and
reviewing the Company's consolidated financial statements to ensure
compliance with US GAAP and Corporate Accounting policies.
- Assist with preparation of presentation materials for the
executive management or Board of Directors.
- Management responsibilities including professional development,
performance appraisals using the finance competency model, and
- Assigns project work and reviews workload for direct
- Manage staff by establishing goals that will increase knowledge
and skill levels, and by delegating tasks commensurate with skill
- Continuously maintains a high-performing team and actively
develops and mentors direct reports and contributes to the
development of future finance leaders.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance required. Master
Degree preferred. CPA with 8-10+ years progressive accounting and
finance work experience in public accounting (with big 4
- Minimum 10 years work experience leading a corporate accounting
function which includes directing monthly close process for a US
based publicly traded company with global manufacturing operations,
including minimum of 5+ years work experience in a management
- Demonstrated experience using a large-scale ERP System and
financial consolidation system required
- Experience leading dynamic and solid-growth environments with
varying business requirements
- Proven ability to research and evaluate complex accounting
transactions and issues to determine proper accounting treatment
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP including revenue recognition
with strong knowledge and understanding of SOX compliance
- Demonstrated ability of working closely and effectively with
business leaders on accounting policies, technical accounting
topics, and related application and implementation
- Viewed as a trusted advisor and reliable partner
- Experience in managing relationships with external
- Demonstrated record of driving process improvement in the
corporate accounting function
- Demonstrates sound judgment on highly complex and high impact
- Proven ability to assess, organize, plan and execute projects
from conceptualization through implementation across multiple
internal and external reporting and organization lines
- Possesses the behavioral attributes such as teamwork,
customer-orientation, communication with impact, leading people,
developing people, strategic orientation, results orientation, and
change & innovation.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete position training
- Valid Driver License in good standing, issued by resident state
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status
- Maintain a valid passport with flexibility for domestic and
- May be required to pass security clearance investigation.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits
package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays,
and tuition assistance (as applicable). Bruker is a federal
contractor and subject to Executive Order 14042. Under Executive
Order 14042, all employees must be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 (with limited exceptions for those employees who are
unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely
held religious belief). You will need to provide proof of
vaccination by submitting a copy of your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination
Record Card to Bruker, or obtain a religious or medical exemption,
as a condition of employment. Bruker is an equal opportunity
employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status,
and other protected characteristics. Certain positions at Bruker
require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all
interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened
pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export
Keywords: Bruker, Billerica , Assistant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Billerica, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...